ROCKFORD VS MTX QUICK!!

Username: Gioneburnz

Post Number: 1
Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting on Ecoustics.com and I urgently need a response! The situation is that I wanted to purchase subs without going overboard in my budget. Initially, I tried to purchase an MTX PROMOTIONAL PACKAGE ( http://www.cardomain.com/item/MTX212421 ) for 290$ but they did'nt ship to Canada, so I got owned. In response to that, I ordered the ROCKFORD FOSGATE promotional package ( http://www.cardomain.com/item/ROC4FR2123001 ) for 265$.

The problem lies within the power difference between the MTX and the RF packages. In Comparison, the MTX seems to be more powerful, but since I know very little about specs, I would like to know what the real difference between them is; it bothers me because they are so similar in price. I'm seeking to get loud bass at low cost, I wanna feel the bass lines and I want to annoy people who are stuck next to me in traffic.

Cheers for the replies!

P.S.: I can still get the MTX's if I ship it to my buddies who live in the States and then they can send it to me; but is it worth the hassle?

sq junkie
Unregistered guest
MTX, but nothing lower than the 8500 superwoofer series. Anyway, thats what I have. Someone else probably knows of something a lot cheaper and better than that though.

Post Number: 2
Alright Man, Thanks a lot for your opinion. Do you know anything about Memphis Subs?

Username: Sq_junkie

Anchorage, AK US

Post Number: 9
Not too much. Most of my friends have told me to stay away from them though. But honestly I couldnt say.

Bronze Member
Username: Bigred2069

Post Number: 36
ive heard the MTX 4500, and it was in 10's and soudned good, so i imagine the 12's sound good also, i hope so cus thats what i wanna buy, but i dont no what was pushing them.

Bronze Member
Username: Needstheeraser

Murfreesboro, TN USA

Post Number: 11
I suggest MTX over Rockford Fosgate but i'd chose Memphis over MTX. On a scale of 1-10 i'd give R.F.-6 MTX-8 and Memphis-10. Memphis i just a much better company. But that's just my opinion.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2186
Both systems are pretty close... but neither are something to be impressed with. I'm guessing you're budget is around $300? If you want, just tell us you're budget, and well try to hook you up!
From what I've read from the links, you need an amp, sub/subs, but what about a Head Unit, and boxes?

sodie
Unregistered guest
personally...if your budget isnt overly tight, i would stay away from both brands! there are more reliable and better sounding sstems for a small increase in price.

Post Number: 3
Hey guys thx for the comments, I finally went with 2 10" Memphis subs with a Memphis Amp, and believe me, They sound absolutely GREAT. They're not to impressive looking though. I went out with them today for the first time, I was blasting them at around midnight, and some dude opened the windows of his house and threw marbles at my car! Then the cops came....

All this to say that the Memphis setup did their job great! lol. By the way, I ended up spending 700$ (surpassed the budget I initially established)

Bronze Member
Username: Dz43893

Chicago, Illinois United states

Post Number: 48
I was looking to get 2 10'' MTX T9500's is there any subs that have more spl and sq for the same price?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us