Glasswolf or somebody help me

Anonymous

Im not really sure which thread this should go in but i have a a4002t amplifier hooked up and every time i start to slow down and stop the battery light will blink and the car shuts off. ive had my alternator checked and its fine and ive took it to three diff mechanics and they tell me that i may need another battery b/c it is very small and its prob around 3 or 4 yrs old..what do i need to do??

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3317
Age has nothing to do with battery. You need to check the voltage of the battery with DMM. See if you get 12.5v with engine off. Then measure it again with the car running.
Have you had any problem starting your car? Does it shut down with no music turned on?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2865
Have you ever run your battery dead? And if so, have you done it more than once? Once a battery loses it's charge, it will never hold the full voltage that it used to when it's charged back up.

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 121
Is your amp wired correctly?

I mean did you wire the constant power to the battery, and the remote to the remote wire(stereo or ignition). Check your ground wire. Make sure your ground wire is 12 guage and less than 18" long. Check that all your wiring is in tact and that they do not short out. Is your amp fastened down and not in interference to be shorted. Do you have a fuse (correct size) on your power and remote wire?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us