Enclosure for 6.5" infinity kappas

dr_sharp
Unregistered guest
I need information/recomendations/advice on speaker enclosures. These will go in the front doors of my 98 toyota camry.

The mounting depth is 2-3/16" and I belive there is somewhere around 1/2" to 3/4" between the magent and the window when rolled down.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4127
Deaden and seal off the doors. If you want any kind of bass, that's your best option, the Kappas are designed to be mounted infinite baffle, if you go sealed, you'll get tighter sound, but the low bass will suck and the resonant frequency will be high.

dr_sharp
Unregistered guest
I just bought some weather stripping yesterday for that specific reason. Will that alone work?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4128
It'll do a little, but you really need to focus the majority of your efforts on applying sound deadening to the inside of the door. Also trying to seal off any holes in the door (part behind the door panel) as best you can. This will minimize cancellation as the back wave from the driver won't affect the front wave as much (hard to eliminate totally with a car door). You'll get stronger bass performance and a lot more clarity.

dr_sharp
Unregistered guest
ok, cool. I'm not terribly worried about bass from these. As of now though, you can barely hear the woofers. Know any good (cheap) sources for sound deadening? Also, how exactly would I go about filling the holes.. i know there is at least one large hole probably about the size of my hand.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Bronze Member
Username: Littleguy

Post Number: 31
B-Quiet
http://www.b-quiet.com/
service@b-quiet.com

The Duke
Unregistered guest
sound deaden your whole car, it cuts out quite a bit of noise etc

Bronze Member
Username: Littleguy

Post Number: 33
I would start with the doors, it's not cheap.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us