Using an iPod w/ KCA 420i: Alpine cda-9855 VS cda-9853?

Username: Vuyodaddy

Post Number: 1
I am currently in the market for the either the Alpine cda-9855 or the cda-9853. The reason being that I have an iPod and was planning to purchase a KCA-420i ipod adapter for the deck as well. I narrowed my selections down to these decks because of the nicer interfaces and the MediaXpander option. What I'd like to know is if anyone has connected their iPods to either decks and the difference in navigating through the songs with each deck. I figured it'd be easier to use the 9855 in conjuction with my iPod since it has a nicer screen, but I could be wrong? It seems dimmer than the 9853, but the 9853 has a digital display as opposed to the 9855's lcd-like display. Can anyone with experience on this help?

xdrummer03
Unregistered guest
There both basically identical as for the ipod controller. The glide touch is the only way you can control it from the deck. For the price and navigation through the setting a Pioneer is a better choice,but the Kenwood is the best interface for the iPod.

Username: Elusive_peanut

Knoxville, TN

Post Number: 4
The Kenwood's are WAY better with the Ipod controller! You can view 3 lines of display at once while Sony, JVC, Pioneer, and Alpine only show one at a time. Plus, the Ai-net of the Alpine limits the ipod.

"Depending on the model, '04-05 Alpine receivers can display the tag info for a maximum of 512 playlists, albums, or artists (depending on what search mode you're in), and for up to 255 songs within a given folder. If you've got more than 255 songs in a single playlist, for example, tracks after the 255th will be identified by number only. This may be a big drawback for people who have hundreds of albums and artists on their iPod; and those who have dumped hundreds of songs into a single playlist may be frustrated by not being able to read off the song/artist/album information. "
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us