Drain Batteryy?????plz help guys.....QUICK...

Bronze Member
Username: Pikesh

Post Number: 23
hiya guys i am planning to buy these neon rods to put under the seat of underdash board. i have gunna be using 2 lighter plugin neons with a device that i brought from canadian tire which gives u 3 outlets... ALSO i will be running a type r sub... My question is that Is it safe to do all that stuff. i not a big car freak lol.... and i WONT be runnign neons and sub at the same time .. so i will be either using neons or sub at one time.. since its lighter plugin ill just take that out wen i run sub... but is it safe to do that like i dun want ne thing to go wrong with the car:-( lol :$ i hope its gunna drain my battery or do something wrong.. if ne precautions needed to be taken PLZ PLZ PLZ TELL ME GUYS INFORM ME ABOUT ANYTHING that NEEDS DO BE DONE RIGHT..

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 708
Cant you just run it straight from the battery and have it on a little flick switch.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
well i dunt kwon how to do that... i can prolly get someone to do that for me but LOOKING at situation i am in right now..DO YOU THINK there is anything bad that can happen i mean i am not running anythign else.. just sub or 2 lighet plugin neon.. thats it!!!:

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 709
No I dont see any problem even if you ran both at the same time which your not gonna do anyway, But it would look so much slicker if you had it run straight from the battery.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
bass man mike thnx a lot!!!!:D lol u put a smile on my face man...... umm i jsut dont wanna screw around with the car cuz i barely got it n my parents arent too happy with me putting things on it so if i screw then you know i am dead basically lol umm running stright from battery? i know who can do that for me but is that safe LOL? i mean hwo hard is it to install that n take it out and whats the difference betwwen running it from battery n lighter except the neatness issue.

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 710
well all you have to do is cut off the lighter plug, strip the wire back and find out which wire is + and - and you hook up the + straight to battery and you ground it to chassis. Oh and you'll have to cut the + wire and put a flick switch on it then mount the switch where ever you want it. But dont do it yourself if you dont know what your doing. Oh crap i just realized that there might be a fuse or somethin inside of that lighter plug that keeps to much voltage or current from goin to the light. So I dont know.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
thnx for ur help mike well.. i think ill just leave it s traight with plugin.. i just hope its safe and doent hurt ne thing....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us