What sounds better aux or cd

Bronze Member
Username: Makavelie187

Concord, California Usa

Post Number: 27
i have a pioneer 7700 deck and i was thinking of buying the aux adapter for my mp3 player but i don't know if it will sound better worse or just as good as a mp3 cd or just a regular cd will sound anyone used an aux adapter and how does it sound compaired to a cd

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 577
A regular CD will sound the best, then an mp3 CD due to having so much more compressed that the player has to read, then the auxiliary input.

xdrummer03
Unregistered guest
If you have a Store CD put onto your player it will sound the exact same. If its a downloaded file it will not sound as good because the quality will be lower.

Silver Member

Post Number: 588
Not necessarily. It depends on what bitrate you download the song. 128kbs is CD quality. You normally will get that or higher. I'm starting to see 192kbs a great deal more often and even 320kbs on some song files.

xdrummer03
Unregistered guest
Basically what i was saying.

Silver Member

Post Number: 590
"If its a downloaded file it will not sound as good because the quality will be lower."

I was saying downloaded will have higher quality. I apologize if I didn't make that clear...

dr_sharp
Unregistered guest
128kbps is not CD quality. CD quality is well over 1000kbps but I don't recall the exact # atm.

Silver Member

Post Number: 594
CDs are highly variable in sound quality due in large part to the loudness wars that have invaded mastering suites in the past 10 years. Most are around 128kbps though some would argue 192kbps is closer to CD quality.

xdrummer03
Unregistered guest
128kbs is near CD quality. Most cd's(store bout are 368kbs).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us