ID Components/Tweeters mounted on midBASS?

Bronze Member
Username: Voodoochilde

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 55
I was wondering if anybody has ever heard or heard about the image dynamics chameleon components and if so how do they sound. I was looking into them because you're able to mount the tweeter on the midbass and that will make installation a lot easier for me. If nobody has heard these then does anybody know of any good 6.5" components that allow the tweeter to be mounted on the midbass. Thanx for your help.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4116
I've heard the midbass, I haven't heard the full set, though. Midbass was great, very tight, accurate and dynamics. I've heard equally good things about the tweeter. Mounting the tweeters on top of the midbass is a good thing in most cases, it ensures you get a great blending of drivers and thus better phase coherency. If you want something similar to look at, check out CDT Braxials. Another similar concept is to mount the tweeter concentrically within the voice coil, such as that from the Morel Integra Ovations and Eclipse Point Source coaxials are good for the money, too.

Silver Member
Username: Jbailey

Indianapolis, Indiana

Post Number: 122
Hey Jon, how do you think the ID method of coaxially mounting the tweet with the midbass compares to the braxial method used by CDT with the bracket and all? Do you think there is an advantage to either or not? Also, I know the CDT tweet is mounted at a slight angle (20 degress I think) so that it can be positioned to aim towards the sunroof/domelight region of a car, and I don't believe the ID chameleon tweeter can be angled at all meaning it would be playing directly at your legs in a low door install. Do you think the CDT's gain anything by employing this technique and consequently offer better imaging or soundstaging, etc? Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4124
I'd give the Braxial mount a bit of an advantage, especially in the case of an off axis install such as in a door.

Bronze Member

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 56
I couldn't have asked for a more perfect answer Jonathan, thanks alot.

Silver Member

Indianapolis, Indiana

Post Number: 123
Hey Cody, what's up? I don't get any love for asking the perfect question that provoked the perfect answer?

Bronze Member

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 59
sorry Justin...lol, much love was in my heart for ya but my fingers just wouldn't let me express it until now.

Silver Member

Indianapolis, Indiana

Post Number: 126
Right on!!

Bronze Member

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 64
lol...I don't what else to say.

evo|eight
Unregistered guest
hi cody,

juz wondering if you've installed those front speakers.
i'm in the market for '2-in-1' components too, don't wana drill my front door to accommodate tweeters.

currently, i'm looking at the CDT HD-63 and Diamond Audio D661i, and currently swaying twds the diamonds.

any comments on these comps guys?

Bronze Member

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 74
I haven't even looked into my speakers in about 2 weeks, I've been awfully busy with work (and when I'm off I party). I have been designing my sub box and looking into all the accesories for building it to see how much it will cost me. I also am finding out which amp (probably the jl 1000/1 for the 15" ava) I will get and making sure I can afford to buy these things. But I am still very interested in getting these speakers but I plan on getting my sub first and that hasn't even happened yet so it may be awhile.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us