Is there such a kit?

Username: Chain298

Post Number: 10
im looking to do the big 3 install...you know, upgrading all the wires from my alternator to battery and all that and i was wondering if there was a kit that was made that i could use without having to buy a whole 4 gauge amp kit. or would it be better for me to just buy the wires and the fuseholders separately?

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 580
Glasswolf made a good point about the big 3. It's useless unless you've upgraded your alternator or if the wires supplying power to your alt are decaying. Basically, the stock wiring is already sufficent enough to support the alt's peak output.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
well i just got my ho alternator today and i was planning on doing the wiring and the alt at the same time if it was possible

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 586
Yeah, then buying the wiring seperately would be the best. An amp kit could work, but you'll save money if you just buy a roll of 4 gauge if that's all you need.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
i've also read that i'm gonna need a fuse between the alt and the battery, is this true and if so what size fuse would i need if im running a 170 amp alt with 4 gauge
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us