Well guess who is back

Silver Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 353
Hey everyone after a couple months with my subs im in the mood for another change.
My current system consists of 2 10" Oz Audio Vector 2 subs. Im happy with the way they sound and ther thump they provide is great in my VW. The problem comes with the lower frequencies, after talking to someone from JTI industrusties, the company who makes oz audio, he informed me that a lot of the low end produced by the vector series is more or less "assumed" and that I should move to a matrix elite sub which has real low end.

Before i do that though I want to ask questions once again. Im looking for a single 12 to replace my tens and Id like to be able to keep the amp I have which is a alpine and puts out 350 x 1 rms. SO it would be nice to find a sub to match that. I think I can sell my current set up (box and subs) for about 200-300 dollars. Id like to only use the money i get from that to by the new sub and box. When summer ends and I am heading back school I may have more to put towards this purchase but right now Id like to stay in that price range. Does anyone have any ideas? I am mainly and SQ guy but i do like a good thump too.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1837
seas lotus?
aa atlas?
entasi audio?

Silver Member

VA

Post Number: 355
never heard any of those where can I find them?

I was just looking at the 12" Adire Audio Shiva I remember hearing good things about this sub

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1839
oooh the shiva very good choice. you have been gone a while, it seems...lol.

www.ascendantaudio.com for the atlas and the entasi isnt made anymore but are on sale at www.soundillusions.net in the for sale section and i cant remember the site for the seas give me a minute and ill get it.

Silver Member

VA

Post Number: 356
Yeah after I got my subs last summer I stopped coming around the car audio section and moved into the home theatre section haha. What do you think of Image Dynamics subs? There is a guy on the sound illusions site selling a brand new ID12D4 V3 for a 100 plus shipping. I really need to go back and look through some of the threads i started last year.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1840
wow really id jump on that!

Silver Member

VA

Post Number: 357
Do you think that will give me the SQ im looking for along with a good thump? I like a lil vibration and of course having a hatch back helps a lot. I wish there was just somewhere I could go that could throw one in my car so i could hear it ya know.

Silver Member

VA

Post Number: 361
So here is a question. What specs should I look at in order to pick out some subs that I like that should meed my needs. I think I remember xmax being important for thump

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1841
i think the idmax will give you everything you hope for in a woofer. but you will beunderpowering it you might consider a bigger amp.

Silver Member

VA

Post Number: 363
Yeah I think I may have a deal worked out with my dad hahaha. Im going ot give him my old system and he'll pay for my new one.

Silver Member

VA

Post Number: 364
The one that guy is selling is just an ID model not even the IDQ. Te problem with the IDmax is price of both the sub and the amp the cost is going to have to stay semi low for the deal to possibly work with my dad

Silver Member

VA

Post Number: 365
So here are some companies I found for subs in my price range of 100 to 200 dollars (they are all 12 in)

MB Quart PWE 302/304 Power range 600 Watts (is that peak?) Dual 4 or 6 ohm
MMats p2.5 12 400 WRMS Dual 4 ohm
Adire Audio Shiva 600 Wmax Dual 3.1 or 6.1
Imaged Dynamics IDQ12D4/D2 V.2 350 WRMS Dual 2 or 4 ohm
Infinity Perfect 12.1 D 150 WRMS Dual 4 ohm

So its down to five

Silver Member

VA

Post Number: 370
make that 7

Elemental Design 13kv.2 350 WRMS Dual 4 or 2 Ohm