How have I got my subs hooked up?

Bronze Member
Username: Kunit

Post Number: 24
I have a 2 channel amp and 2 subs. At first I had the 2 subs wired into one - and one + and bridged to the amp. That didnt work because the amp kept clipping and i didnt understand why...So then I ran each sub to their own channel and it wouldnt clip nemore. So I hear people talk about wiring parallel...and wiring their subs to ohms..and now im confused. I now have the subs hooked to a 4 channel amp and I just put 2 -'s and 2 +'s off each sub and hooked it up to the 4 channels. It says not to bridge the amp or it will cause damage. But when i unhooked one channel from one amp...it didnt seem to make much difference. It's only a 200 watt amp compard to the 340 watt i had before. I dont expect the 200 to pound my 850 watt subs either..i was just hookin it up to see if it worked cuz i might buy it. But it should push them a little because I had the subs tied into the 5x7's and you could hear them a little. So i figured with 200 watts they should pound at least a little bit more... I just want to know how i should hook the subs to a 2 channel amp and a 4 channel cuz i will probably buy the little amp to run the subs till I get 5x7's and hook it up to them. Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 706
Thats a whole lot of stuff I dont understand.

give me a link to the amp and subs you have so I can see what your talkin about.

Bronze Member
Username: Kunit

Post Number: 26
I have a Jensen XS10 and some pyramid power junk 8 inch...with a Rampage 200 watt amp. More junk.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us