Is this amp going to work well?

Username: Rawr

Post Number: 1
I have an Audiobahn ABP12T (http://www.cardomain.com/item/ABNABP12T) which is a bandpass, ported box with 2 audiobahn 12" subs included (50oz. mags, 800 combined rms, dual 4 ohm impedence which can alleggedly be wired together to make 2ohms -- not sure if it's referring to bridging it).

But anyway, a friend was going to sell me a Power Acoustik TS1920 (http://www.crutchfield.com/S-sI76EIpBcOE/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=110&I=026TS19202) and i was simply wondering if this would work well together. He tells me it will but i don't know for certain. I'm not incompetant with electronics but i'm a little new to car audio specifics. Many thanks for any and all assistance.

Post Number: 2
oh and the amp is new and in box which is why i simply can't test it.

Post Number: 3
here's another interesting question:
the Power Acoustik ts1920 is "2 ohm stable" now does that mean i should bridge the two speakers into the 2 channels so there's a 2 ohm load, even though the same amount of power will be going to the speakers whether they were bridged or not, will it be better for the amp?

Post Number: 4
ok well i did a little more research and figured the amp would pump about 370 rms x 2 @ 4ohm. If i'm not mistaken then each speaker would be recieve 370 watts which is about 30 watts under the 400 watt rating for the speakers? So this amp would be a very good choice yes?

Post Number: 5
wow. okay i'm stupid. I see the light.
All i do is wire the two 4 ohm terminals in parallel which would drop the impedance to 2 ohms (which happens to be the stable operating load for the amp) which would bring the amp rms up to 440. So would each speaker be getting 440? Or would each speaker be getting 220?

Post Number: 6
also, two more questions:
i have 8ga. cable running, should i upgrade to 4ga?
and
I have a 1990 toyota celica st, with this big of an amp should start worrying about a capacitor or bigger alternator?

Post Number: 7
k well you guys are awesome... :-(
i needed a little bit of help and i got nothing...
forget it, i'll find somewhere else

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 227
Ok, that amp will work fine with those subs. Just wire each sub to its own channel. Don't brigde, you will fry that amp. It would def. be a good idea to upgrade to some 4 awg wire. Don't worry about a cap at this point. Hook everything up and when you start pounding look at the headlights. If they are dimming or even worse: blinking on and off, your going to need to upgrade your alternator. Let me know if you need more help.

Post Number: 8
thx for the help but i did end up getting it and just set it up today. i love it. it shakes panels i didn't even know i had... time to bust out the dynamat...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us