BMW and Clifford Help Please! Agh!!

Username: Vert

Post Number: 1
My car had two alarms when I bought it. A Clifford Arrow 3 and a BMW one; don't know which variant but this is the key in the picture. The car is an 3 series E36.

Don't know why the previous owner didn't have the BMW one taken out, or why he installed the Clifford in the first place.

I tried swapping the rear view mirror for a 5 series one I have that has auto dim and an alarm LED. The current mirror in the car has a dimming switch where the LED is on the 5 series mirror. After I plugged it in, tried switching the car on and the BMW alarm went berserk. I never use the BMW one and the previous owner said he's not used that one since the Clifford was installed.

Now the Clifford will do eveything it's meant to, arm and lock, immobilise (sp), car locks when I start the engine, etc, BUT, it' won't unlock the car when I switch the engine off anymore. It also won't unlock when I disarm. I have to manually unlock or use the BMW fob to unlock (even though the Clifford locked the car).

I've undeadlocked the car (where you turn the key all the way to the left/right and hold it.)

Aaaggghhh this is doing my head in!

I checked all fuses, all working. Only I can't get the rear fog light working, even after changing the fuse.

Any help appreciated, thanks!

Mobster
Unregistered guest
I recently bought a 99 Honda Prelude that had a clifford intelliguard 7000, with no remote. I went to a local clifford dealer today and after calling clifford the guy said I would have to figure out the vellet code before he could do anything. Is there anyway to reset this code?

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Germany

Post Number: 729
mobster, you might be in luck. No there isn't a way to reset it, but the person before you might have left it in the defualt mode, So check out the manual, and it will tell you the dealer installed code. I hope it works.

www.clifford.com/guides/ogs/intelliguard7000_owners.pdf

SA, it sounds like the 5 series rear view is causing problems with the wiring in your car, and thats causing the factory alarm to go nuts. As for why he had the clifford installed, factory alarms suck. The are easy to get around, except on a few newer models, the remote range sucks, and they are cheaply made. I have an Accord with the factory alarm, and I still added a clifford. It give me more options, and a more reliable alarm. As for leaving the bmw one in, he probably had to. Most factorl alarms are integrated, so its way way easer to leave it, and normally you don't run into many problems.

You best bet, put the old mirror back in, and hope it din't mess up the factory alarm. It probably didn't, but there is always a chance. If you are dead set on the five series mirror, you will have to PAY a clifford dealer, or BMW dealer to go in and do some rewiring, and it probably won't be to cheap. Basically they will have to trick the BMW alarm into thinking it still has the 3 series rear view installed, and not the 5 series. It shouldn't be to hard to do, but it will take some time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us