Don't know...

Blackout
Unregistered guest
I have a 1999 Ford Mustang. For those of you that have one you will know what I'm talking about. Most Mustangs come with a AM FM Cassette Radio and then a CD player itself under thet cassette player. So they are seperated. Well I want to get a new CD player so that I have RCA outputs for my subs. But I don't want to have to take out both the Cassette and the CD player because that will leave a hole. So do they make just a CD player by itself or do I have to buy a CD Player FM radio together. Or what? If so how am I to hook up the new one to the factory amp that is in my car? Please help.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 561
You can get an install kit that will fill the gap and still leave space for the aftermarket headunit. OR you can get a double din unit.

Blackout
Unregistered guest
What would be the best to do? And what do you recommend me do? Which would be cheapest to do. And could you give me links to your recommendations?

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 568
I would suggest a double-din like this: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-9MRpWp8TG9r/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=52600&I=113DPX40 70
Of course, I would only recommend you buy double-din if you want to retain the ability to play cassette. Otherwise, just getting an install kit that fills the gap will be much cheaper and you can still purchase a nice single-din headunit.

Bestbuy sells the install kit for your mustang, if I remember correctly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us