Compettion help

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 842
im going to start dbdragging yea!!!lol...im goign into street A class...rules are the following:
Street A Class -- A maximum of 1 subwoofer amplifier (or 2 externally bridged monoblock amplifiers) may be used. A maximum TOTAL of 2 electrical conductors may be used to connect the amplifier(s) to the woofer(s). (Please see the definitions section for more detail regarding conductors.)

o One 12-inch woofer

o OR a maximum of two 10-inch woofers

o OR a maximum of three 8-inch woofers

im going to go with 3 8 inch woofers..due to more surface area.....im giong to go wit 3 8" soudn splinter RI-8's..Those are some hella good subs...

thewre 500wrms each..so a total of 1500wrms @ either 2.67ohm load or .66ohm load...im going to probablly go with the .66 ohm load because of more power..So now i need a amp that can give me around 1000wmrs to each sub. 1 amp or 2 am,ps pleasec

Bronze Member
Username: Eclipse2005

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 94
I think u are not allowed to use 2 amps, so u just gotta choose one. are you good with the cap? are u gonna use one? remember to keep your box under the line that goes from the end of the rear window to the rea of the front one...that's how i got kicked into the upper class. lol

Silver Member

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 843
thanx audiobahn fan for the tips...and ok i think its better for me to go with the 1 amp any way....that way i can buy one really good amp. IM gooing to be good with the string test beacause im going to have this go in either a 2001 or 2002 impala or a scion tC..Im thinking about going with the tC for Cabin gain. And yea im going to buy a cap..BUt sometimes i heard that caps can hurt your score not by much but like .1 or .2 sometimes..but im going to buy one any way..but any suggestions for amps.. thats stable down to .66 ohm load and will put out around that much power..i was thinking the orion 2500d or the mmats amp altohugh its a little more on the expensive side.

Bronze Member

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 100
Orion is a very good amp and it should push those sub hard. And im 99% sure that it runs at 0.5ohm. so u wont have problem...Remember that the cap must be not more than 1 farad for db drag rules in your class. do u know what is the Fs of the Tc?

Silver Member

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 844
i have no clue to what the Fs is on a tC..i'd imagein somewhere wroudn 45-55hz

Silver Member

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 845
whoppps i meant 55-65hz

Silver Member

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 105
Did u already tested ur system once?

Silver Member

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 847
no i havent bought these things yet.....

Silver Member

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 848
bump

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 170
This might interest you:

http://forum.soundillusions.net/showthread.php?p=468313#post468313

Silver Member

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 852
holy hell man thanx so much with that info...it helped alot.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us