8" and 12"

Silver Member
Username: Monkey_man

Post Number: 167
I want to upgrade my mids a bit.I am thinking of ordering the soundsplinter 8 inch woofers. However i believe the only place to put them is in the trunk with my subs. Will my 2 12" alpine type e's over power the 8"'s? Or does anyone have an idea for me to install them in my 96 accord. Mabe i could put them where the 6 by 9's are located. I'm soooo confused!

Silver Member
Username: Bdb_86

Bemidji, MN Usa

Post Number: 240
ok i have done this i actuly put an 8" woffer were my 6x9 goes and it wasnt worth it 2 12" subs will WEELLLL over power your 8's for one its not really worth it to spend the money on the 8's when you wont hear them, any ways the best thing you can do is just pick up some NICE component speakers JL audio makes some nice ones there are some other brand names too that are preatty good

Silver Member
Username: Tragedy

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 276
You dont need additional low freq. coming from the same location as your subs (and your on the right track with they will be overpowered).

You really dont even need a componenet speaker as mentioned above for the rear fill.. a nice 2way 6x9 will do fine. A component or a 3way speaker for the front is a better choice.

Silver Member

Post Number: 170
I was told to just replace the front speakers and just disconnect the back ones. And a theatre like effect will be an outcome.

Silver Member
Username: Tragedy

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 277
you can do that as well..

i have 8" 3 way setup in front and no rear speakers and 1 12" in the rear.. of course the highs are not as close to the rear passengers.. but i dont buy car stereo for everyone else that sits in my car.

Silver Member

Post Number: 171
Thats true. But i want everyone to enjoy the sound. However, many people said that the perfects 6.1 i wanna get would be plently loud for the passangers. And they also said overall would sound better without the back speakers because of distortion.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us