Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 rear deck question?? HELP

Kyle Allen
Unregistered guest
I am purchasing a set of these speakers to put in the front of my mustang. Unsure if I should mount them in the door and tweeter sail panel, or if I should buy some kick panels to mount them together. Anyway I have heard that these 6.5 are good to use in front but had little to no benefit of mounting in the rear as well. If so, then what type of speaker should I mount for filler in the rear. A lower end Infinity with just some mid range or what. This is going to be a part time show car at a mustang convention. So I want it to look and sound good. Thanks,

Kyle Allen
Unregistered guest
bump

dr_sharp
Unregistered guest
Depends on how important staging is for you. I would mount the tweeters as close to head level as possible but it is more or less personal preference. And I see no reason why you wouldn't just get two pairs and go all around with them. I have the Kappa 60.5 version of these and they sound incredible.

What amp(s) do you plan on using with these?

Kyle Allen
Unregistered guest
I am putting a rockford fosgate 851x, 110 watts at 4 channels at 4 ohms or 215 watts at 4 channels at 2 ohms. Thanks for the input. I'll probably go with all four. Do the highs seem bright to you when you listen to the speakers? Thanks,

dr_sharp
Unregistered guest
lol.. i try not to use words like bright to describe my sound but these speakers will give you what you need. Infinity came out with a revamped version of all of their speakers recently and many have built in adjustments for tweeter level. Also, my component set has a jumper to switch between "flat" and "contour" inside of the crossovers.. contour will obviously boost the highs a bit more. They come set at contour but if you are serious and want to set your own eq you just switch the jumper.

One more thing... i didn't think of this before but go with 2-ways or 3-ways in back rather than components... it will make the install quite a bit easier and you won't notice much difference. They don't have 2-way perfects so you will have to bump yourself down a notch... lol.. sorry i guess i just changed my advice.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4118
For the Perfects, I'd keep the tweets close to the mids, similar axis, within an inch or so of the midbass. That would be kicks or low door for me, I wouldn't want those tweeters in a sail panel unless I had them running active and could control the level very precisely. Only time I do A pillar or sail panel tweets is if I have a good mid in a kick panel that can extend up to 6-7khz or so, having to cross a tweeter over less than that point will mean you're blending more crucial vocal content between the two drivers, which are very well spaced apart and your acoustic phase is out of whack. Many times the vocals won't be very precise and the tonality will be all messed up.

Kyle Allen
Unregistered guest
Is there a way that I could mount the tweeters into the existing panel without cutting into the covering of my door paneling. I don't mind modifying the sheet metal but the door panels are a little harder to fix mistakes.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us