Rockford Fosgate 1001bd wiring to Solobaric 10" Subs Dual Coil Problem (HELP)

Kyle Allen
Unregistered guest
Alright here is the deal. I have to 10" Kicker Solobaric L7 at 4 ohm a piece. My amp is 1001bd Rockfor Fosgate. How do I wire the subs to run off of the amp if the subs are dual coil, without overloading the amp or the subs. The mono amp puts out 1000 watts @ 2 ohms, or 500 watts at 4 ohms. What do I need to do to make this work. Crutchfield used a similar setup in their stang, so I know it works. I'm just not sure what would be a safe way to do it. Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Buddyleee5

Post Number: 24
wire it at 1 ohm you'll be hitting some serious bass then.. your amp can handle it...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
the 10001bd doesnt push 1000 watts at 2 ohms anyways its 1000 watts at 1 ohm but its rockford fosgate so you know for sure that the amp is under rated you'll be hitting probably 1200-1300 watts rms at 1 ohm

xdrummer03
Unregistered guest
Well Mathew is telling your wrong anyways. You cant wire a Dual 4ohm up at 1ohm by itself. Please refer to www.rockfordfosgate.com . It will give you the wiring esetup there.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
he has 2 10s sh*thead and yah you can run 2 l7s at 1 ohm why dont your refer to your wiring guide somemore and shove it up your a$$, when you install a system gimme a call alright pal
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us