Configuring Alpine CDA-9853

Username: Papajosh

Lincoln, NE USA

Post Number: 2
I recently installed an Alpine CDA 9853 in my car and have been having issues trying to get it to sound halfway decent. I'm new to high-end car audio and find myself getting lost in x-over and parametric equalizer settings.

My problem is this: I'm not currently running any amps or high-end speakers off of it. Everything is run off the internal amp. I have a pair of Kenwood KFC-1679ie speakers on the rear deck that should be able to handle 35-25,000 Hz, and 40 Watts RMS (yeah, I know...all you high-end car audiophiles are probably cringing...). However, whenever I listen to anything slightly bass-heavy, all my low-end bass drops off...I just get a thud, almost like the speakers are blown...considering that the speakers are brand new, unless I blew 'em when I first turned on the radio, I figure I must have something setup wrong in the head unit. When I'm listening to music without a lot of bass they sound fine, even in the mid-bass range.

Can anyone give me pointers or point me to a tutorial on how to get the HU setup properly?

Thanks!

Josh

Bronze Member
Username: Shutterleftopen

Columbus, Ohio United states

Post Number: 52
the speakers aren't meant to withstand low frequencies... that's why it doesn't sound good. one you get some subs. the low frequencies will come from the subs and the mids/highs will come from the component speakers.

that's how my audio was. i had 2 pioneer 6X9's that could handle 80 watt's RMS each. and i always had the bass all the way up. it was a bad idea. now i have 2 12's and i turn the bass all the way down on my speakers that i replaced the factory ones with and it sounds good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us