Help Me Pick My New Subwoofers ! JLw7 vs Avalanche vs RE xxx

Water
Unregistered guest
I currently Have The Rockford 12'T1s t10001BD Amp
My Next Sub will be Between the
12''xxx/w7 or 15''ava
I listen to alot of lil jhon and is looking for wich sub will give me deeper bass but has great sq
so feel free to throw in encloser size n freq

The t2 Rockford does not produce the SQ as the t1
I have Had zero experience with the 3 subs

People that dealt with 2 of 3 companies can help

I had my eye on The Re xxx Because Glass WolF said in a post he likes it but no elaboration theres virtually no info on this sub here

Wich subs are Built with better Materials
and has just as good SQ as SPL
Wich ever I choose what it is I will do is Just buy another 10001BD and run 1 to each sub

But If Any 1 can tell me if JL makes an amp with cleaner power and more watts let me know

thanks

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2105
Well, sense you're looking for sq... you can take out the l7's. The older ones also had a lot of problems breaking.
The x.x.x is suposidly a really sweet sub... but never heard one... just what every one else has said.
The RE x.x.x is supposed to have sq/spl... and be reliable too!

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2106
Sorry! I thought you said L7, not the W7!
Hmmm, I'd prob still go with the x.x.x though.
This is a hard disision.

Water
Unregistered guest
YEA i KNOW
i DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT the RE just what Glass Wolf said I havent heard any of these subs but every one here has the standard rockford
Its rockford t1 or t2 or kciker subs
i want somthing that has as much sq as spl
weres the profesionals here?

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 838
yeh Water get the Re XXX..the w7's sound way overdampened IMO.They will both get loud..the XXX can get louder tohugh..but i tihnk the XXX wlil soudn better.But everyone hass differnent opinions on what sound good. but one thing somebody cant deny is XXX can get louder.

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 636
okay all are SQL subs.... i dont know about all of them from experience but, i do know that a member from teamtoxic bass ran all 3 types of subs and said that the avalanches were the best subs he has cpome across yet (specifially saying that is was better than the xxx or W7) if you want a JL amp get the 1000/1 ... absolutely great amp. as far as the deepest bass... the avalanche is definetly what you want and thats why i bought my avalanche (but i have yet to hook it up to a 1000/1 yet) but i would say the W7 and xxx would take it in SPL. i belive the xxx is best tuned from 30-35hz and the W7 is best at 32Hz ... the avalanche however is best at lower frequencies like 20-27 hz... sean has desinged me and ABC box for a 15 avalanche tuned form 20-55hz if you want the dimensions...

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2112
I've heard that the w7 isn't that great in sq... the w6v2 is better.
I'd still go with the x.x.x

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1796
you know that the w7 and the triple x wont be any louder then the t1 right? and actually in car audio mag, they compared the dd 3510,the idmax v4 10, the jl w6v2, and the rf t2, and the stats were very close toi the same in sq. so go figure.( i know jons goin to have something to say on this one, but im just posting what i read,man)

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2120
Hmmm, I do remember reading that.

Water
Unregistered guest
What? the triple x is gonna be just as loud?
i thought it would be louder i wa sunder the impression it takes 1k watts

but like i said i no zip about the triple

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4309
water, the from personal expierience, i dont know who here has heard all of them lol, but the w7 and x.x.x will be very comparable on how you design on, and recently (like 2 days ago a person i know got an ava) but i got to hear an avalanch and install one, but it got louder, than the w7 and x.x.x, but x.x.x had the best sq worst spl, the w7 had the best mixture, and the avalanch had the ebst spl and good sq

but here is another problem, the x.x.x needs 1600 watts rms, the w7 about 1000, the ava 800, so the ava and the w7 wont KILLL your alternator, the x.x.x quite possibly could, but have you considered a ti yet? i consider these 4 subs to be very comparable

Water
Unregistered guest
no havnt The Re needs to much power my t1 amp at 1ohm will probly hit 1230 i am looking to just buy another 10001 bd so i wouldnt be able to run the Re's I really didnt wanna go with the JLs
I may go avalanch if i have the trunk space for a ported

Guy at audio spress told me to stay far away from the Eclipse sub

CAMELTOE
Unregistered guest
that guy from audiospress had no idea what he was talking about the eclipse is a hella of a good sub. id go with the avalanche or the xxx the w7 costs too much and the other ones are less and close to the same sq and spl.

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 263
I have not heard an avalanche yet but I have owned the jl 13W7 and currently own two x.x.x., a 15" and 18". What I can tell you is the x.x.x. will get a lot louder than the W7. They both have awesome sq and spl. x.x.x. With 1200 rms to each the x.x.x. is louder than the W7, and yes the W7 can handle 1200+ with no problem, and you don't need 1600 w rms to get the x.x.x. moving. Give it around 1000rms with a class d amp and if you have an suv I garantee it will not dimm your lights one bit(new SUV, 2002 and up)Also you can't and don't beleive what car audio mags have to say about their results on sub comparisons. Thay're the ones who compared an mtx 9500 in a SS box and claimed that it sounded better than a W7 also in a SS box. you know what I did ?, I went ahead and bought three SS boxes , for 15" x.x.x.,15" mtx 9500, and for a 13W7, fed each with around 1200 w rms in these and other enclosures with 4 diff class D blocks and guess what, the mtx 9500 came in as the weakest, no bull.Remeber, car audio mag said it was louder than a 13W7..???? (Hunter and Subfan, I know you're the biggest Eclipse freak here :-)-)I've also tried to outperform the above mentioned subs(except mtx 9500,yuk, anything can sound better than this piece of $hit) with a Ti and no succes, x.x.x. keeps taking the trophy, sorry subfan.Bottom line is, go out and try all of them if possible withh diff amps and enclosures if possible and in you vehicle. see what you like. These are my results,with diff amps and enclosures and appriate accesr.(alt,wiring,etc)and diff vehicles.My personal choice, I like all these subs but love x.x.x. and hate SS boxes and mtx 9500 subs.I'm buying an avalanche sometime this month by the way, i curious to see if everything you guys say is true

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1827
im not a eclipse freak, im a tc sounds freak, and any xbl^2 motor freak. i stilll think that they all are about the same

Silver Member

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 264
Sorry hunter, man, I meant subfan thats why i typed his name second. :-)

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1829
haha its cool, im supposed to be gettin a x.xx and a avalanche soon, if f*ckin sub will SHIP MY X.XX

Silver Member

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 265
subfan sold you a x.x.x ? what size ?

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1830
we traded, 15 and ma avas a 15 also

Anonymous

where cann i find x.x.x or avalanche subs

Anonymous

????

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 707
Anyone ever hear or try a adire tumult, I bet this would take the cake.
http://www.adireaudio.com/Mobile/TumultSeries.htm

Water
Unregistered guest
Dr How deep is the bass on Re's
Deep Boom is mandatory for lil jhon

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1836
i wish i couls afford the talmult. but i agree, it takes the cake, and eats it too.

Anonymous

where can i purchace xxx or Avalanche subs???

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3396
www.ascendantaudio.com and www.reaudio.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us