Stock Jetta HU - 2001 Blaupunkt - Need Amp

Username: Mjc83930

Silver springs, Fl Usa

Post Number: 1
Does anyone have any experience installing an amp with a stock jetta head unit. I dont have the monsoon system, just the basic setup. I know they make a converter that changes the cd changer cable into rca cables, but I dont want to lose the changer to do this. I have heard about high level inputs tapping into the rear speaker for input, but would like to run rca cables into the amp if possible. Does anyone know if there are rca outs on the back of the stock hu, or another 8 pin connector on the back that I could use the rca converter for?

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 542
You can grab a line output converter that transfers the speaker wires to RCA. The problem is it really doesn't sound good. Here's a link: http://shopper.cnet.com/PAC_SNI_35_Adjustable_2_Channel_Line_Out_Converter/4014- 6730_9-30709823.html?q=
That'll give you an idea of what they look like. There is an official site, but I can't seem to find it right now, I hope someone else can link it here.

In my opinion you should just grab a mid-class Pioneer off ebay for 50 bucks with pre-outs. It's going to sound a great deal better than the line out converter.

Also, the CD Changer would have nothing to do with getting sound to your amp. I'm not sure who told you that, but it is absolutely untrue.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us