Speaker

Bronze Member
Username: Littleguy

Post Number: 29
Jonathan, i just bought a 2002 F150. I never put those focals in the subaru. I'm going to put them in the truck. I was checking out the kick pannels and they seem to be very thin. No, they are very thin, lol. Do you think the midrange speakers will sound ok mounting them down there? I don't think i'm going to use the pvc pipe because of this. I think you said in another post that the midrange didn't have to be sealed, so you think it will sound ok? Also the midbass speaker, would it sound ok in the stock locations in the door with just sound deadening? I have 3 amps, all ppi,A1200,Pro mos-450,A300. The 1200 i'll probably use for the subs. Oh ya, i have an 4125 ppi, not sure if i'll use it for somthing or not.The head unit is an eclips 4channel with sub output. Do you think this will give me the sq i'm looking for? Thanks Jon for your info.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4102
Usually trucks don't do as well with kick panels, try the stock spots and see how it goes. They should do pretty good, not the best, but will definately be good. Since those trucks have a 6x8" anyway, make your adaptor out of wood, it'll provide damping, if you want to go further, use some modeling clay to dampen.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
It only has one speaker in both front doors. It is a 4 door and has speakers in the rear ones. Where would be a good place for the midrange? Any ideas?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Jon, what type of wood should i use? I'm going to home depot tonight.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4129
Marine grade plywood (birch is great, but expensive). Other than that, you can get nearly anything, including MDF, IF you treat it to handle moisture.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Thanks Jon, hey, i just noticed there is a teewter with the stock speaker in the doors. Would it be ok to put my focal teewter in the same place?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4132
Yup. Try it out and see if it gives the results you're after. Use some double sided tape or velcro and experiment with locations until you find one you like.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
One more thing Jon, any idea where i should put the midrange for the best results. I'm wanting to start on it tonight and hope to finish tomorrow.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4134
Are they 3 ways?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
Ya, Jon.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
Would they sound ok in the doors with the midbass? The midrange dosen't need to be seald right?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4135
Sealed, baffled, either or, but it needs to be done. The door would be fine for that. If you're going to have to modify the door, what I'd do is put the mid lower in the door and keep the midrange and tweeter in the stock spot for imaging sake. They'd be ok with the midbass, since the door is infinite baffle.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4136
To clarify, I meant put the midbass lower in the door and mid and tweet in the stock spots.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
Jon, do you know anything about ppi amps? I have an A1200 2 channel. I need to know if i can bridge it and if you would know left + and right - or vise versa? Thanks

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4140
Most amps, especially American made ones, use the left + and right - for bridging. Same goes for the Art series.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Thanks Jon, i'll go out and try it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
This has been an all day job, lol.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
Jon, when i turn up the volume i keep blowing the 80 amp inline fuse at the battery. Do i need a bigger one?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us