Trouble with Eclipse CD5444

Bronze Member
Username: Lowdose

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 37
I took it out to do my rca's and such and now it says when I try a CD it says reading and does nothing spits it back out. I dont have the box or anything nor a warrenty left I have had it a while so I was curious if it just dirty or something. I was thinking just sending it in to get serviced. Any suggestions would be great.

Water
Unregistered guest
If you unhook it you have to have the 1st cd you ever put in it or else it will not work

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 547
I don't think it's the security code, rather the actual CD mechanism failing. Sending it to an authorized repair center would be the best idea in my opinion.

Bronze Member
Username: Bananakrill

Benicia, California

Post Number: 57
I have a CD8454. This happened to me (and still does sometimes). What I did was took a vacuum and sucked the cd slot for a while. It worked great after that. I think the lens was dirty or something. If you try that let me know how it works.

Anonymous

I have a 94' Talon and i cant figure out the wiring for my cd player could somebody assist me.

Bronze Member

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 38
Thanks James worked like a charm!

Bronze Member

Benicia, California

Post Number: 59
Wow, I wonder if the dust trap is faulty on those models... glad it worked out though.

jesusVB
Unregistered guest
i have an eclipse cd5444 and i try to play a cd of mp3s and it didn't work does anybody knows how can i play a burn cd of mp3s in this stereo

Bronze Member

Benicia, California

Post Number: 61
It should play. It works on my 8454

Silver Member

Post Number: 587
Have you tried playing the disc in other mp3 players that aren't PC's?

jesusVB
Unregistered guest
I use to have a jvc and that stereo use to play mp3s and all kinds of formats and now with the eclipse the same cds that i use to play with the jvc the eclipse it just show error in the screen every time i try to play a cd and it does the same thing with the memory stick

Bronze Member

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 46
I have another question about the 5444 like I said I have no manual for this unit so I was looking at the RCA jacks on the back and they all say line out. How do I know which to use for fronts,rears and subs? Im using a 4 channel on fronts and 2 channel for subs.

Bronze Member

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 47
I havent hooked up my amps or anything still doing all my wiring yet sigh... I want my beats I hate waiting for stuff to get here from ordering like a kid waiting on a new toy hehe.

Bronze Member

Benicia, California

Post Number: 62
It should say on the other side of the "line out" tag if it's the front or back speakers or the subwoofers. If not, most likely, looking at your deck from the back, from left to right, the RCAs coming out of the deck should be front, back, subwoofer(non-fader) in that order from left to right. Does that make sense?

Bronze Member

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 48
Yep thats right. This dip tore the stickers off the rca's prolly cause I had to file claim cause it took ten years to get here.

jesusVB
Unregistered guest
CAN SOME ONE HELP ME I CANT PLAY THE MP3S FROM A CD OR THE MEMORY STICK IN MY ECLIPSE CD5444

Silver Member

Post Number: 655
It probably needs the pickup replaced.

Bronze Member

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 49
Yeah think thats going out on mine starting to act up again. It wont read any CD's now just gives me info 3 error which is dirty disk or damage. Thats with a new CD too. Think im just gonna buy a different one a stepup in model they want 90 bucks to fix it.

Bronze Member

Benicia, California

Post Number: 68
Yeah, mine too Jay. I have the cd8454 and paid $500 for so I'm a little upset. I'm going to start buying a different brand. Like Sony, or Pyle... they probably play CDs at least. Maybe Rockpine. Or Legacy... pretty...

Upload

Bronze Member

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 51
I took it out turn it on its side then tried CD and it works yet again haha. I have my old Rockford RFX 8210 and I never had a problem with it in 3 years. It wasnt fancy or anything but it would play anything I shoved in it. Maybe I stick it back in till I find something a little better. This gets really annoying. And dat dare is purty ) Like the giant mote to hard to loose that sucker. Prolly has a case just for it.

Bronze Member

Benicia, California

Post Number: 69
I took mine out, poured gasoline on it, lit it on fire, threw it over a bridge, went fishing and caught it 20 minutes later, dropped an animated anvil on it, installed it upside down, and now it plays VHS tapes and the flute. And it speaks Spanish. I h8 Eclipse.

Bronze Member

Benicia, California

Post Number: 70
Was the $90 to fix it to replace the pickup? I wonder if we can do that ourselves. Anybody know how? I'm ready to take mine apart and fix fix fix.

Bronze Member

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 54
That was to fix completely that includes any parts needed aswell. Heres the link to the place Eclipse suggested I guess they do all repairs for eclipse http://www.ursdealer.com/yourservicecenter/customerpricing.shtml

Bronze Member

Benicia, California

Post Number: 73
I just vacuumed out my deck again and now it works great. I guess maybe the dust really affects the insides. I'll post again if it doesn't work even after heavy sucking.....

Bronze Member

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 63
Heh yeah I did mine been working for a couple weeks now. I wonder if having the fan in the radio isnt its own worst enemy? I havent checked to see if its blowing out or in. But it works for the time being.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us