Ont know if this is the right place...but here goes...

Username: Djnareg

Post Number: 1
ey guys,
i have a regular cab 2004 toyota tacoma.
I have two MTX Road thunder Subs and i'm going to install them very soon along with the appropriate 600 watt 2-channel Fosgate amp. Next, i'm going to change my stock speakers to a pair of 170$ Alpine's and i'm going to keep my stock deck. My question to you guys is, after installing all of these things, will the subs and speakers be imbalanced? and should i run my speakers through a small amp as well to balance the sound?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3370
well what you are gonna have to do is look at the rms power of the new speakers you are going to buy, in my opinion alpine speakers arnt the greatest if you are gonna spend that kind of money I would go Infinity and yes a amp is gonna really bring out the depth and highs you are gonna want. If you are gonna use your stock hu then you are gonna need a LOC(low output converter) which will convert your rear speaker wires into a rca out so you can run your amps. I do not recomend them and if you are going to be doing a full system with subs and amps and new speakers and amp it is a must to run a new HU.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us