Experts plz!

Silver Member
Username: Newb

Post Number: 170
need some opinions....
i recently purchased some cdt cl61's for my front speakers. the pre-existing set up was adire shiva powered by usx2100 2chan amp 300wrms in a 2cuft ported box, alpine cde 9845, 4gb ipod, stock speakers in an acura rsx.

i did research these speakers and saw many ppl raved about these speakers for the price...i got them for $150.

one prob i encountered was the dumasses at bb stated the speakers were too big after they put in spacers to protect my windows. when i asked cdt and the thezeb they told me they would fit fine in an rsx, so now i have a half cm gap on both door panels. i also had the the tweets installed in the door panels(stock speakers had tweets in the dash by base of the windshield. the stock speakers seemed to be made of thin plastic like material and no visible magnet.

my first impression holy sh!t i wasted $150, the stock speakers sound better and hit harder. but at higher volumes the cl61s sound decent but lower levels they sound kinda anemic. the alpine hu is 16wrms, 50wmax

my question: 1)is this because the cl61s r less efficient and require more power?(theyre rated 80wrms, 160w max)
2) the dash mounted tweets were a better location vs door panels?
3) i need to amp the cl61s(i prolly cant do this because i already have clipping with just one amp installed
thx for ur input

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
jonathon or glasswolf any thoughts?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4100
Possibly all of the above. Components are less efficient with power and will need more power than what you're giving them. Dash mount may be better or may not, you'll have to experiment and see. That gap isn't helping, speakers need to be completely sealed off at the rear to prevent cancellation, which you're likely having.

Silver Member

Post Number: 179
THX

any suggestions to fix the gap? r kick pods the only solution? how do ppl normally install aftermarket speakers? im assuming most of them have a larger mounting depth than the factory speakers no?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us