Amp isn't kicking on

Silver Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 244
Well I finally have all the wiring ran and amp installed. but now it won't turn on. I checked the remote wire but it's still not working. Any ideas?

Bronze Member
Username: Prankstar008

San Diego, CA USA

Post Number: 16
Are you turning on your stereo?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3367
check the fuses maybe one popped and you didnt know it. also check your ground make sure it is tight and to a good solid chasis ground. I would bet on the fuse though.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3368
what head unit are you running? mine has a subwoofer shut off make sure that isnt on if you have that.

Silver Member

Post Number: 245
Ok...I got the amp to turn on. Now I have a different problem. The subs are moving...but not much. I'm getting no oomf from them. I thought I reveresed the wires. So I reversed them, same thing happend. I have a pioneer premier 5500, Orion Hcca 250, and two 12" perfects. They are wired in a 1ohm load like this... http://infinitysystems.com/caraudio/2-4-1.aspx

anyone have any ideas...i'm dieing to get this working. thanks.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3372
OK I had the same problem with my 260g4 when I first hooked up my avalanche. Orion uses a weird bridging combo it is right pos and left pos. Dont ask me why Orion does this but they do so try that and let me know if it works.

Silver Member

Post Number: 246
Yeah I did that origianlly. And I pushed that little mono button in...still not getting what I should. This is starting to get to me, but i'm a calm guy.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3373
OK is your right phase set to 0? also are you using the LP X-over? if you are make sure that the intel Q isnt being used that is only usable in bandpass mode. turn it on and push in the two puttons on the right side under the intel q the HP should be off and the other one shuould be to 1 htz I believe. if you are using a ported enclosure the bandpass mode can actually be used as a subsonic cutoff also. let me know how you are using it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 247
i dont have the g4, i have the digital refernce...2nd generation? it does have an eq button, but i'm not using it. I have the amp bridged at 1ohm...I can't figure out why this would be happening. i'm stumped. you?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3382
well lets go back man what was the problem that made your amp not turn on?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3271
Howie, if the amp has eq button, then use it. It could solve your problem.

Silver Member

Post Number: 248
I didn't check the remote wire lol. stupid error. The amp turns on. The subs move a little with not a lot of volume. I can hear a slight wining sound at times. I'm just not getting the volume. Maybe it's something simple with my 1 gain nob, I'm to sure how, or where it should be. The eq button, or maybe it's the intelli-q something is off...should it be on? the LPF on my HU is set to 80, the HPF filter is set to 50(for now).

Silver Member

Post Number: 249
I just went and checked. The subs kinda vibrate and whine, and barely go to the beat. They will also "jump" at times. something is defenetly wrong. Check the link in my first post, is that how I should be wiring them to 1ohm? Could this be an rca problem? I used home audio rcas. they are gold plated and looked like they would work. then again I could be very very very wrong.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3383
is there a LP on the digital refference? if so use it. I used my x-over on my alpine for my sub but when I turned it off and used the orion x-over it was much much louder. Try different things man see if it gets louder or not. try the eq on/off see what it does. how many volts is your pre outs off your deck?

Username: Sublover

Lacrosse, MN U.S

Post Number: 2
I feel for ya man. After reading all the other postings all I can say is good luck, I had a fairly similar problem with my alpine system turned out I forgot to check the remote wire. It always seems to be somthin simple that you overlook. Personally if I couldnt figure it out in another week I'd take everything out and rewire the system, that would suck but if it was a small thing you overlooked it could work.

Silver Member

Post Number: 250
ok...here we go again.i can hear the voice coils working. i hear sounds from it. but no bass. when i push the EQ button on the amp, the subs move up and down a lot slowly, with no bass. when i turn the gain up...it gives me a crappy sounding bass, not sounding like it should. anymore ideas guys?

Silver Member

Post Number: 251
bmp

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 527
Sorry if this seems ignorant, but what is the RMS output on the amp and the subs? I can't find solid specs on them...

Silver Member

Post Number: 252
subs are 350rms each, the amp is 800rms at 1ohm. i was told i'm probably getting a little more than 800rms.

Username: Skimskunk

Post Number: 7
i have EXACTLY the same problem... i'm taking my subs and amp into a performance shop to have them installed now... they should tell me what the problem is

Username: Skimskunk

Post Number: 8
i have EXACTLY the same problem... i'm taking my subs and amp into a performance shop to have them installed now... they should tell me what the problem is
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us