Speakers Hissing/Popping with Car Off

Username: Thetsart

Post Number: 1
I was out tonight listening to my iPod through my tape adapter. All the sudden the sound faded off. I switched to the radio and I all I could get was choppy sound from the rear speakers for a few seconds and then all sound was gone.

So I turned it off. Then the speakers started to hiss and pop. I got home, turned the car off and it is still doing that!

I have a '99 Camry--the sound system is all factory installed. Nothing has ever been changed.

Does any know might be happening? Should I disconnect the battery?

Thanks.
Tim

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 122
No, do not disconect the batery yet. Disconect the radio fuse first. Let it sit for about 20-30 min. Then re-install the radio fuse back. This will reset your radio through the computer brain, but will not reset your entire computer brain.

Bronze Member
Username: Voodoochilde

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 58
Its not always bad to disconnect your car's computer chip every now and then especially during change of season. If you disconnect it for at least 30 minutes or more (won't hurt it) whenever your car turns back on the computer chip reaadjusts itself to fit the air (temperature, humidity, ect) so in some cases you can get better performace and/or gas mileage for free.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us