Need help to bridge my amp

Username: God_thunder

Val-dOr, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 2
Hi everyone!!

Today, i just bought a new sub, Premier TS-W2504SPL. 2500 Watts at peak and 800 RMS. But my amp is underused!! I mean, the guy that installed my system used one channel to drive my old sub (Alpine SW-E1041, 600W Peak, 200W RMS), but hasn't bridged it!! Now, I must bridge my amp with this Dual Voice Coil subwoofer to get as much power as i can get.

My amp is a Sony Xplod XM-2200GTX, 1200W Peak, 400W RMS x 1 (bridged) or 200W RMS x 2 channels [This is year 2004 model]

What i need is to know which wire I must connect in each output!! I know my amp indicates the 2 output I must use to bridge my sub (one in each channel), but, do I have to link the other 2 outputs together? And, is there something I have do with the DVC (Dual Voice Coil) of my sub?? Do I connect them both?? How can I connect it?

Thanx for your responses!!

PS.: You can answer me by email : hyperion2002@hotmail.com

Username: God_thunder

Val-dOr, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 3
Ohhh, forgot to say!

I have a party tomorrow (Saturday afternoon), and i would be sooo thankful for you guys if you can find a way to wire it out BEFORE tomorrow afternoon!!

Also want to know, if i misconnect the wires (I mean, if i dont link my 2 other outputs from the bridging, can it damage my amp??

Thx again to all of you!!

Bronze Member
Username: Qup2cit

Australia

Post Number: 30
just connect the sub to the positive terminal on one channel and the negative terminal on the other. dont connect the other two terminals. the amp should say bridged mode near the terminals. connect the sub to those two terminals for bridged mode.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us