Will this work?heard a rumor about some type of volts I DUNNO

DynOmite
Unregistered guest
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39752%26item%3D5778935032 %26

A GUY told mentioned somthing about making sure my amp will be able to handle 4v or somthin from this HU... I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT will you just tell me if this will be a good with 2 12" kicker cvr's with EITHER a mtx801d(don't have$ for it) or the Audiobahn A800t(BOTH 800W RMS @ 2OHMs x 1)

Bronze Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 95
I dunno what he was talking about either. It looks like a decent HU, the one I am looking at is $125 dollars on ebay and is the Kenwood589 or something. The advantages over the one you mentioned is that it has 4v outputs compared to 2.2v (more volts the cleaner the signal to the amp and speakers) and it has a higher CD signal-to-noise 105 compared to 94... How much of a difference will these small things make? MAYBE a little but not noticable unless you crank them both up side by side. Overall decent head unit, if you like it go for it.

Bronze Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 96
Something like this for example is what I am looking at...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39751%26item%3D5780388696 %26

DynOmite
Unregistered guest
yea that looks like a good HU, but i wanted that LCD display(i don't kno why) but i think i'll be fine it's not like im entering compitions tho

and i cant wait to smoke this kid with the same subs i have but hes got a pyle amp hooked up to it.. i thinjk i'll go ported n give me that much more of an advantage

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Germany

Post Number: 721
He was talking about the RCA output voltage, and yes MOST amps will be fine with 4 volts. The only time I worry about it is when your talking about units with 8 volt outputs or so. Thats when you get into an area that amps may not like it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us