98 Pathfinder Amp Install

Unregistered guest
I have a 1998 nissan pathfinder. I'm installing an amp. The only PROBLEM is that I can't find a pass through from the engine bay into the interior?!?!?!?!? everything else is done except this one vital thing. if any one can help please respond Thanx

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 130
Find a rubber grommet (usually the one for the dash) and poke a hole through it.

Silver Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 230
Do what he said...I have a 98 rodeo, almost exact same car. On either side of the engine are black plugs...that is your door.

XCouldItBeX
Unregistered guest
Thanks I'll try that now

Silver Member
Username: Heavyb

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 173
i have a 1996 pathfinder same car same body style i had a open hole on the right side. all i had to do was take a rubber cap off. see if u have one

rangerjr10
Unregistered guest
I can't find one a hole either in my 98 Pathfinder. I went to Best Buy and those punks told me to drill in a particular spot. I did and hit a fuel line. Driver side or passenger?

Bronze Member
Username: Thrushdtd

New York

Post Number: 45
dude just look where your going to drill its not that hard

rangerjr10
Unregistered guest
Um, I never would've drilled unless he had told me to. I followed his advice. I've never done an install on a Pathfinder - I have on other cars. And quite frankly, if you don't have anything to contribute other than your chirping, I would appreciate it if you didn't comment.

Bronze Member
Username: Thrushdtd

New York

Post Number: 51
im sorry, if you need to drill look at your fire wall and drill a hole though a place that is out of the way of everything. Ive had to do this a few times and it can be a pain but thier is always a safe place to do it it might take a little work though.

rangerjr10
Unregistered guest
I understand, but the damn engine bay is so cramped - plus it being a SUV and taller, it's hard to get to a low enough spot. I guess I'm gonna look from the inside and see if there is a spot that I can slide a coat hanger through and get to the outside.

rangerjr10
Unregistered guest
I solved it - right behind the brake fluid tank there's a black diamond-shaped plate on the firewall held together by two bolts. Just unbolted it and it ran right into the interior. Drilled a hole through the plate and ran the wire through. Makes me mad because I had to pay $170 to get that fuel line fixed. Oh well, the Pathfinder's thumping now!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us