Need some advice on Set-up

Bronze Member
Username: Jaackdeth

Burnett, WI United States

Post Number: 36
Heres what I have, for a HU I have the Kenwood X979, I have rockford speakers in the front 4/6's, and 6/9's rockfors in the back deck(1990 Caddilac deville btw) and in the trunk I have 2 10" L7's in a vented box. The 4 inside speakers are being run off a Phoenix Gold 505 4 channel, and the subs are wired to 1 ohm and are being run by a Hifonics 1500D mono amp, seems the subs sound like crap, just wondering if I went big enough on the subs to rumble through the trunk up to the rest of the car?? Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 294
It takes lots of power to resonant sound out from a trunk. It's like trying to hear something in another room with the door closed. First make sure you have the correct power wire to the amps. The subs have to be in the right box and tuned right to resonant out from the trunk in the car. Sound like maybe your box is to many cubit feet for the subs and sounds muddy.

Username: Fsufreak

Louisville, Ky Usa

Post Number: 2
i have 4 infinity 1230w's in one box but all have separate compartments. they are going in a 1973 cadillac and i need to know what would be a good affordable amp to push them.any suggestions

Username: Craiglj

Post Number: 5
a mmats 1200 watt mono they go for $200-400 on e-bay

Bronze Member
Username: Thrushdtd

New York

Post Number: 24
jbl 1200.1 or kicker 1200.1

Bronze Member
Username: Jaackdeth

Burnett, WI United States

Post Number: 42
What would be a good box for those subs? I have a vented one now, and it's an AHK NEW 10" DUAL VENTED KICKER L5/L7 SUB BOX 3/4 MDF
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us