Sony XES system?

Unregistered guest
I have recently purchased this system and it comes in 3 parts, a display unit, a processor thing and a radio unit, and a Cd changer as well, which needs attention, is the XES system actually any good, or have a i bought a piece of junk?

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 486
It's excellent, a very rare unit...What is the exact model number?

Unregistered guest
one uit is P1, X1 and something else plus Cd changer that needs work, i need the optical cables, is it worth buying then?

Unregistered guest
one uit is P1, X1 and something else plus Cd changer that needs work, i need the optical cables, is it worth buying then?

Silver Member

Post Number: 498
Well, when the units first came out in around 1991, they sold for literally, thousands of dollars. Now they're at least still worth 300-400 dollars.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Germany

Post Number: 722
The XES systems are very nice, and yes get the digital cables.

I didn't have the XES, but I have seen them, and I have used the last of the Mobile ES, and Refrence lines sony used to carry. Both are very rare and were very expencive.

Unregistered guest
Well, i have bought it now, im on the lookout for cables, for about £7.00 which is $10, i got the CD changer with it, but he says it doesn't work, i got someone who can fix it, do i need the CD changer for it to work?

Silver Member

Post Number: 566
I would guess no,it would still work without it. But if you have all of the facilities to fix it, why not repair it?

The duke
Unregistered guest
how will i play CD's then?

Silver Member

Post Number: 573
Just repair it,heh.

the Duke
Unregistered guest
ok i will, i also got a denon dct r1 i dunno which one to keep...

Silver Member

Post Number: 575
Where do you find all of this old-school high quality equipment?!

The Duke
Unregistered guest
Just look on ebay, best place really...i know a guy in elecronics, he repairs car audio things for his work, he says the newer stuff, unless you pay ££££ its no good, i had an old alpine 7939 and an old Nakamichi CD 250, they both sound better than most of todays stuff, but car audio, like home audio is down to individual taste and how much you can afford
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us