HELP!!!! plz

Username: Notsobirght

Post Number: 1
i have a 4x50watt pioneer headunit its powering 2 pairs of 6 1/2" pioneer 220 watt(110 a peice) spaekers well i figured this way i couldnt blow them but it tuns out when i turned my volume about 2/3 of the way up my head unit shut off off i guess i blew a fuse why did this happen are my spaakers 2 powerful for my head unit? do i need a amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Qup2cit

Australia

Post Number: 22
is ur battery fully charged

Username: Notsobirght

Post Number: 2
should be

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 484
The wire you are using for power wire might be too thin to handle the headunit (thus the blown fuse trying to protect the thin wire), you could possibly try putting a higher rated fuse in place of the blown one(5Amps higher at most) but you're risking the whole car electrical going out if it melts.It would be best to place a new power wire(12-10 gauge) running directly to the battery from the headunit...

The speakers are in no way too powerful for the headunit to handle.

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 121
NEVER EVER REPLACE A FUSE WITH A LARGER ONE. It's possible that everything connected to it would fry before the fuse went.

Anyways. how is your HU set up? Are the bass boost, loud, BBE, EQ, or whatever else all maxed out? Did you bridge the speaker wires? Are all your wires connected properly (short maybe)?

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 495
You'd be surprised about the fuse thing actually.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us