I found out the prob with the jl and i have a seal prob

Username: Brasil1921

FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 7
i finally found out what was the problem with my jl 2 12 w3v2. the box i have is not completly sealed when the guy built the box he made everything flush and mounted the amo to the box and he forgot to seal the holes he drilled for the cables. does anyone know what i should use to seal the holes that are running my cables.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1664
this is a professional that built this and he didnt use a terminal? this is what you should do. buy a terminal and cut out the diameter of it in your box plop it in screw and then you will be ok.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 150
i agree that is what the guy should have done in the first place. i had a 1500.00 install and the lazy bastages took the same shortcut w/me. you could just use caulk/sealant from home depot though. they can refer you to the correct type.

Username: Brasil1921

FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 8
lol whatevr they can do to cut corners i guess, but i was wondering what can i do if they power wires and rca are going through the box onto the amp mounted to the front of the box. i'm thinking of using some kind of sealent like you suggested or can i use a terminal for the power cables

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1672
ok this is what you do bring that box back call him a f*cking moron and build a new one, or go to a different shop maybe some that know what they are doing. there are some people from florida on this board that could help you build it or find a good shop. apacalypse is one and there a lot more. just ask. i cant believe that though. that pis.ses me off

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 464
I would bring it back and complain and see if they fix it. Otherwise, put a terminal on it yourself.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1682
its not just his speaker wire though, its his power and rcas etc....

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4190
what its his power/rcas too, is the damn amp in the box
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us