Big difference between 9853 and the 9855?

Silver Member
Username: Monkey_man

Post Number: 149
Is the only difference the glide touch tech.? Or is there more to that? Because if not i don't see why there should be a $100 difference.

drummer03
Unregistered guest
Well the CDA-9853 and the CDA-9855 both have the glide touch. The CDA-9851 doesnt. 9855 has 4volt outputs where 9853 has 2volt. 9855 has 6 way digital crossover. As well as a 6 way time correction. If you get any of these 3 make sure the box has a yellow sticker next to bar code. :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 150
Okay thanks. I went to bestbuy today to see which one i like. I really like the 9855. However, a little too much. So i think i am going to get the 9853. Im only getting this one because the 9851 doesn't look as nice.thats the only reason.

xdrummer03
Unregistered guest
Yeah i agree on that. If your going to setup a real nice system then upgrade to the 9855. The 9853 is no slouch either though. I work at BestBuy in Tennessee in the Car Audio department and I have heard the differnce in a car as well.

Silver Member

Post Number: 152
Well, i bought a pair of the alpine type e's when they were a buy one get one free. I am still debating if i should the m350 alpine amp. I know that it will power them well because i tested it today. Back to head units...so if i don't want to spend 450 for the 9855 then what should i choose the 9851 or 9853? I like the touch glide thing but i read that there were many problems with the touchglide tech. stuff... What's the big difference in quailty and features between the two?

Silver Member

Post Number: 156
Actually i changed my mind to get the 9833 or try to find a good deal on ebay for a 9835. I like the displays for than the 9853 and 9851. Is this a good choice?

xdrummer03
Unregistered guest
Yeh those are nice as well. Pretty much the same but no glide touch. Yeh there was a recall on the decks.

Username: Dpnaugle

Post Number: 9
Why yellow sticker Drummer ?

xdrummer03
Unregistered guest
Yellow sticker?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us