Installing a infinity component set

Silver Member
Username: Tips

Post Number: 123
im installin a infinity ref 6000CS into my car, but i really dont understand how to wire it, even tho it seems really simple. what do i connect to the wire that connected to the original speaker...the crossover? do i need to buy sepereate wires? the tweeter seems to have wires that connect to the crossover... but how to the woofer to the crossover...? one last question... if i intsall the -3db thing when i install the tweeter to the crossover, will it sound better?

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 606
The wire come fron the head unit should just be taped off, assuming you are running these comps from an amp.

Run a wire from your amp to your crossover, there should be markings for input, midbass output and tweeter output. you will connect it to input.

Next run wire from your midbass output to the speaker and secure the wire.

The tweeter should already have wire soldered to it, just connect the pos to the pos and the neg to the neg.

I would set the crossover at -3 first and see how you like it, if it doesn't fit your fancy then try a different one,

Also, try to keep the crossover as close to the speakers as possible. Hope this helps.

Silver Member

Post Number: 124
yea, but im not installing it with an amp. i dont see how to make the thing that plugged into the factory speaker conect to the crossover. does that mean i have to cut the top off and just wire it to the crossover. and the set didnt come with wire to connect the midbass to the crossover, to i need to go buy some? what kind of wire?

Silver Member

Post Number: 125
bump

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 519
I wish you could show us a picture of the crossover unit. There should be an input, woofer out, and tweeter out, right? The best wire for that type of thing would be 16-14 gauge Monster Cable in my opinion.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 609
You have a white clip from the OEM speaker? You'll have to cut it off and wire that part into the input. And yes, you will have to buy some speakers wire for xover to midbass.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us