Jl disappointing me?

Username: Brasil1921

FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 1
if anyone can help me figure out why my jl audio 2 12 w3v2 are popping with an xtant x1001 series amp i thought these subs could handle the wattage. if anyone know why they keep popping let me know please.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1659
thats around 500 a piece can they handle that?

FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 2
from what i understand i think so. they can handle 600 apiece without voiding the contract bvesides i have my gain at like a little more than half.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1660
well there a few possibilities, box size is a main one the box could be too big or to small and that would give you a prob like that.

FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 4
that what i thought but i wasnt sure. i went to an authorized jl dealer and he built me the custom sealed enclouser how do i find out if its the box? by the way thanx for the info

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Post Number: 245
are you sure about 600 apiece I think its more like 300 apiece.

FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 6
its 300 watts rms a piece but they can handle 600 a piece before vioding the warrenty. besides the response of the subs arnt as good as my old 3 w1 in a powerwedge box.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4150
crhis, i have a few friends with these, they all have the 10's, one usese the 1000/1 for both, one uses 500/1 for both, and someone uses 250/1 for both, and hoenstly, the 250 sounds the absolute best

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4055
That doesn't mean that the subs will not reach their full potential before 600W RMS, though. You're likely stressing the limits of the drivers, especially since your subs are in a sealed enclosure.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us