BEST set of 12" SPL sub's in a sealed box???

Bronze Member
Username: Transamkid2000

Post Number: 18
Ok guys...I got a big question for you...it has probably already been answered in some respect, but I have regulations on the subwoofers available spacing. I want to know, what is the best 12" subwoofer out there for SPL. I don't care about SQ, I just want straight SPL. I have an alpine CDA-9833 head unit, a phoenix gold xenon 1200.1 amp (1200 rms @ 1-4ohms) and a 2.2 farad cap. I have a sealed box that is now housing 2 10" W7's but it does not hit hard enough. They have 1.1 cubic feet per chamber and fire straight up towards the back window of a 2000 Pontiac trans am, so I decided to get the box cut to house 2 12" woofers that can have 1.1 cubic feet available. With my setup now, what is the best set of SPL 12" subwoofer that I should get (money is not an issue).
p.s. I saw someone with 2 12" diamond audio m6's in a sealed box with a 1350 rms amp hit 144.3 DB in a sound competition on Sunday...I was leaning towards these subs now...

These pics are what I have now

Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 556
it would help if you had a better amp... that amp probably isnt pushing a full 1200 watts... im not sure of an SPL sub that takes 600w rms (because ur using that one amp for both subs right?) id say closest thing is L7s.... actually id rathr have CVRs but i dont know if they will be louder than 2 10w7s ... how much power to Rockford Power T1s take? those are a good spl sub. also look into DD lower end subs....

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1989
lol, yup.
I didn't even think of the T1's, they would work... 500 rms.

wrangler2005
Unregistered guest
if you decide to sell your w7's... hit me up!!
georgiawrangler2003@yahoo.com

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1999
Lol ya, let me know too!

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1657
t1s are 1000 rms. they are better then i expected. thats not a lot of room to work with but try the incriminator audio lethal injection i dont believe thery need a lot of space to work with. it will be hard to go with something thats goin to be much louder then 2 10w7s. are you looking for 12s?

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 805
t1's are 600wrms and the t2's are 1000wrms

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
yah, im looking for 2 12inch subs to replace these 2 10w7....what about 2 12w7!? :-O
and i checked my amplifier and it runs 1200rms at 14.4 volts...my car runs at a steady 13.8 volts so i know there is some math equation you can do to get rms X volts...im assuming it puts out around 1100 rms with my set up...

I heard RE, Diamond audio and a couple of other subs are really good...how about 2 12" MTX 9500 subs?

as for selling the 2 10w7", i got them for 550 at tweeter and used them for 2 months so far...i was thinking about selling them for 375 a piece...I havent given any thought to it yet

wrangler2005
Unregistered guest
psh my 12" mojos were bought for 450 a piece and would smash those 10's

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4149
psh wrangler, my 2 15 tis were 350 each and would smash those 12s

WRANGLER2005
Unregistered guest
:-)

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 172
psh sub my friend paid 450 each for his 10's and he will smash all of you. if you want pure spl look into shocker audio sig series they will get very loud. i know cause my friend has two 10's and his hitting 156 in a mustang.

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 561
somethings telling me that wasnt on a TL

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
anyone care to get back to the 12" question? lol

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 174
it was on the old term lab mic, and he took out his 6x9 in the back to get more bass in the cabin

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1666
oops thought they had more rms. sorry. kinda weak. but im telling you lethal injection buddy. i think they would work pretty damn good. the w7s would also, but nnno one has the lethal injections. you could try the x.xx from reaudio, or earthquakes subzero. shocker super extremes(the sigs are too crazy for your app)or you could go 1 15 and give it more space.

Silver Member
Username: Disturbedpriest

Post Number: 124
wont tweeter let you upgrade to the 12's for just a few dollars more?? that would be nice, and get another amp one for each sub, my dad has just the w6's and is running a 1000/1 on them by jl, you might be underpowering those subs they should bang.. or it could be the fact your firing them up can you lay that box down with the subs facing out the hatch that would bang harder. I would really get two amps one for each ten then upgrade if it still sucks. :-) (oh or port those w7/s man that would be nice)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us