Dynaudio MK2+MB Quart AMP+More....Need Advice w/ Installation

dz
Unregistered guest
This is my first car audio system and I want to do it correctly. I already bought the following items, but I haven't installed them yet:

1. Dynaudio 240 MK2 (front)
2. MB Quart RCE 213 5 1/2" (rear doors)
3. MB Quart RAA 4200 400Wx4x4 Ohms
4. MB Quart PWE 304 12" Sub 600W
5. Infinity 611a Mono D Amp 456Wx1x4 Ohms

The question is do I need the MB Q components in the back? If not, do I need different speakers? Or whatever is better to be done!
Also, what wires do I need for both AMPs.
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 603
1. The back door speakers will be fine, however I wouldn't run them off the amp, just the head unit.

2. When dealing with multiple amps its a good idea to get a distribution block.

3. Wiring, I would get Knukonceptz wiring. You'll need a multi channel kit, and get like 0-2 gauge wiring.

dz
Unregistered guest
If you say to run the rear components from the head unit, what can I do with the remaining 2 channels? Can I bridge them and run the front Dyns?
Also do I really need rear components?
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 162
no. you do not NEED rear components. it is a matter of preference. some people can't do w/out their rear fill. others are just annoyed by it. a properly tuned system can effect the same results as the theoretical purpose /intent of rear fill.
so, by using the factory rears run off of the HU, you will have a rear presence that does not overwhelm the front imaging of those wonderful dyns.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us