Just got new subs

CluelessChick
Unregistered guest
Okay, so I have NO clue as to what I am doing with my car audio, but I bought 2 10' subs and an amp from a friend. He had them professionally hooked up in his vehicle, but I was trying to avoid having to pay 200 bucks for that. Can these easily be hooked up by someone else or is there a chance that it will really screw them up? Thanks a lot!

Bronze Member
Username: Darkseid

Post Number: 48
If you have no idea of what your doing, then yes you can screw many things up.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 188
Well, It's not overly hard to hook them up yourself, but you do have to know what you are doing somewhat. What kind of subs and amp are they?

CluelessChick
Unregistered guest
the subs are Kicker comp vr's (?) something like that and the amp is something like a amazon or some retarded name that I can't think of. I wouldn't actually be doing it myself, I have a brother in law that knows a little bit about it

DynOmite
Unregistered guest
well those kicker cvr's are great subs(for the price) and are 300wrms and im guessing there the 4ohms ones?? i would wire them in parallel to make a 2ohm load and FIND A NEW AMP THATS 600W RMS @ 2OHMSX1-- if your amp is a off brand like that it's most likely junk, i would highly recommend a new amp if you have the dough

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 189
Right.... well just make sure he knows what he is doing or he might f*ck up your subs or amp. That is all that that really needs to be said about that. Good luck.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 190
Dynomite, I am pretty sure she has no idea what the hell you just said. OMG.

DynOmite
Unregistered guest
haha well maybe she can write it down n give it to her brother n law and he might be able to pick up on it, Onestly clueless if i were you and you can't get the pro install i would try to find some people around town to do it because they'll do better then you or your brother in law would do and not as good as a pro but somewhere inbetween and they only charge like 30$, just don't give them your adress because some people like that install it then a few weeks later go n steal it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us