Wtf, i need help... i even drew pictures =)

Username: Nopidy

Post Number: 1
I have almost no experience with audio systems and this was confusing me really bad. I want to install subs in the back of my car because when I turn my radio up it just gets annoying from all the bashing of sounds. Here is a picture of what I want to do:

Upload

I only have two wires for each subwoofer and then there are no wires to hook up high frequency speakers to. Can I just have subs in the back and regular speakers in the front of my car?

Because connecting subwoofers to my old speaker wires in the back will play only low frequency sounds right?

And if I can do that, will it ruin my subwoofers if I don't have an amplifier and just use the CD player to give them power, I know the sound won't be loud but I will here bass better. (That is what I am guessing)

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1973
You will need an amp to push the subs. You're head unit will only put out 20 watts... if that! That won't even move the sub.

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 538
and also... you would only hear bass lol.. u wouldnt hear music or vocals... how would that sound better? lol... you need to get an amp for the subs and still run your speakers... try getting new speakers it will sound better.

Post Number: 2
oh, so if i got an amp it would give me more wires? 4 for both my subs and 4 for both my tweeters? But where would the amp get its power from, would i have to get another wire leading from the battery somehow er wut?

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 544
if i didnt have to go id explain.... cuz you need a loot of explaining to you... lol but its okay every1 starts somewhere.... hopefully some1 will help you out. otherwise i;ll try when i get home

Post Number: 4
Lol, alright, thnx man.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 551
okay you have a couple choices...lol... you can stay on this site learning for a few month or pay some1 to professionally install this... because installing isnt easy for a beginner and that you are... no offense at all... your amp gets it power form your battery... and i have no idea what you mean does it give you more wires? lol... your going to have to buy more wire... typically a 4ga wire from your batery to yoru amp... and a 4 ga ground wire form your amp to a grounded metal... next you have wires that go form each channel of yoru amp to a speaker or sub.... if you have 2 subs you can get a 2chanbnel; amp and wire them 1 sub to each channel or wire a mono amp to both in either parallel or series... you can run your tweeters and speakers from your head unit if you like or you can get another amp... typically a 4channel amp. and run each channel to a speaker... i know your lost but you'll pick it up eventually... and dont just wire everything up thinking it will work fine... you must make sure everything is wired correctly as in the ohm confugurations are correct and you dont have a bad ground or w/e.... just keep learning....

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2815
When you install an amp, you use rca chords to connect your headunit to your amp. Any headunit now a days has rca outputs, and almost all amps have rca-in's. This allows the headunit to send the audio signal to the amp wile having to use very little power.

Post Number: 7
Ya man, i don't want a professional doin it not only because i am short on cash but i like being able to fix my stuff and not have to depend on other people. And when i said "gives you more wires" i meant if you connect 2 wires that would usually lead to one speaker could 4 come out? (2 for one of the subs and two for one of the tweeters) Know wut i mean? OR I guess it actually sounds like I would have 1 "master wire" leading to the amp for the subs... When you connect the amp to the battery, where does it go? Like do you have to take wires under the hood or is there some place inside of the car that gives off power?
(Do you know of any good websites I could learn from? Cuz I don't want to drive you insane from all my questions, lol.)

And i was wonderin about somethin else, these are the two main wires I have to work with to install my HU(I am guessing the connectors at the tips of the wires will have to be removed for a newer head unit?):

Upload

Would you happen to know what wire is what, and wut is the power source wire and stuff. Lol, I used to have a cassette player so I took it out and I checked the owners manual and it didn't give any information about what wires were wut.

Haha, I got a lot of work to do don't I?

...thnx.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 553
it took me a whole day to install my flipscreen.. but thats cuz i did it all custom lol... i had top custom cut the center console to hide the brain and thw wiring in an escalade are freakin difficult

SkieS
Unregistered guest
Rich Bastard.

:P

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 554
hey atleast i used my hard earned money for all my system and stuff lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts