:-)

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 184
I am looking for a some kind of sound deadener for my trunk. I am not going to do my whole car cuz its not even worth it. Look at my profile. LOL. Nuff said. Anyway, I am super cheap plus I don't want to put much money into my pile car. I just want something to do the inside of my trunk lid and maybe some spots in my trunk, since that is where my major rattles come from. What is my cheapest option? I was looking at maybe something like this.

http://store.yahoo.com/quietcoat/qu20can.html

Has any one used something like this? Will this be good for what I need to do? Or is there a cheaper option? LOL :-) Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 532
i dont know anything about that product but i think its not going to work very good... you have to be willing to spend a little more... i would reccomend edead on ebay... 50sqft for 50 dollars i think. or you could go to a homedepot or lows and get the roofing stuff...

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 186
Why won't this work good?? You didn't give a reason. And I don't really want to spend all that much on my car. BTW, I don't exactly need 50 sq feet of edead. I only want to do my trunk. Anybody, can you help me out? I saw someone on here recommend Quiet Coat before. Will this be good for what I need?

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 434
im sure it will work but u will probably need more than 1 can

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 187
Even for just the inside of my trunk lid? I think it said something about putting on 3 coats. Do you know of a better solution? It can't be much more expensive though.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 546
that quiet coat or w/e is probably really thin being that it has to come out of that nosle.... because of how thin it is i would think it does not dampen the sound real good... jus my opinion... look on ebay... you could probably find just 25sq feet of some kind of mat for like 25-30 bucks

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 547
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=67760%26item%3D5775421545 %26&ssPageName=WD1V

just get that... im like 95 percent positive it will work better than that spray.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4053
Polymer based sprays such as that work extremely well, actually, as far as performance for the thickness applied they're more effective than typical sheet sound deadening such as Dynamat, Edead, etc. That can will get a light coat on there, but you'll need a little more to do a lot of deadening. I'd get at least 3 cans, worst case scenario is that you have excess that you can spray elsewhere. Depends on your budget too, but Dynamat and other alternatives aren't exactly cheap either.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 191
Thanks Jonathan for the answer. You should be getting paid to do this! LOL :-)

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 192
BTW Jonathan, I was looking at this too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=67760%26item%3D5779361428 %26

Would something like this not be as good? It says it is liquid based, not Polymer based like you were refering. But it also says it doesn't freeze, which is really important for me(living in Minnesota!). Thanks again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us