2005 Chevy Silverado Radio Install

Username: Stubbers

State College , PA USA

Post Number: 1
I'm looking at putting a Pioneer DEH-4700MP in my 2005 Chevy Silverado. I just bought the truck, and I have no idea what the job is going to be like. I ordered a Metra's VT-GMRC-01 GM Class II Data Bus Interface from Crutchfield, and the install kit. Anyone have any pointers or red flags that I need to know about? Any help is much appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Germany

Post Number: 708
Only things I see that you still need are a wiring harness adapter, and a antenna adapter. Other than that your good to go.

Chevy trucks are pretty easy to work on any ways. Just take your time, and invest in a soddering gun, and some shrink tube. Use that instead of crimp conectors to conect the pioneer harness to the wiring harness adapter. I would also run a new ground wire from the radio, to a ground spot under your dash. I don't like using the factory grounds so I always take a self tapping screw and drill it into something metal for my new ground. I even use a test light to make sure it is a good ground if I have never installed on that make model car before.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us