13.7 w7 vs 2 l5 15 kickers

strongcola
Unregistered guest
jl 13.5 w7 sealed powered by jl 1000/1 or 2 kicker l5 15 ported powered by ppi 1600 who would win?

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 752
i think the L5's

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 317
in quality...by a lonmg shot the jls
for spl....barley but the kickers

go with W7 if thats what ya asked 4

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 515
i think thats that bullshit... id get the W7 no matter what... honestly i think youd have the L5s in SPL too... if done right that 13w7 with that amp could hit around 146-147 sealed.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4101
in all honesty, the 15 would obliterate the jl in spl, but in sq vise versa

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 516
man i just dont see anything really in kicker... ive heard L7s and crap... they just dont impress me like they do other people... i think if you hit 146 with 2 L5s your doing quite good... and i know that the w7 can do that... there was some1 on here b4 that had a 13w7 hit 151 ported at 34 hz... thats not a very high tune... so thats damn good

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4102
yea but that was with 2000 watts rms to it, and i bet if i had the money i could make 2 15 l5s hit well over 150

Username: Hookupz

Post Number: 3
Im selling my L7 in the Ported Kicker Box. It came together direct from Kicker.

Username: Hookupz

Post Number: 4
Or trading. I want more SQ in my subs. My SPL days are done. The L7 is brand new still in the ported box, and that is still sealed in a Kicker Cardboard box. If any of that made sense. I wanna trade it for something in mint condition, doesnt need a box.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4103
how about a 12 inch infinity kappa 1232

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 421
2 l7 15s vs 1 13w7? LMAO the l7s would kill it in spl.

Silver Member

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 756
alpine its the L5's BUT even the L5's would kill it in spl.. it had like 3 or 4 times more surface area than the w7's... plus the L5's ported.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 517
actually the w7 only had a 1000/1 to it not 2000 watts... and it seems that kicker subs have to be done just right to get their peak output whereas other speakers can adjust a little bit. a kid at my school has 2 12 inch L7s in a ported box that some shop made him wiuth a kx1200.1.... i didnt think it was great at all... my brotehr had them in a mdf/fiberglass really sturdy SEALED box and it was quite a bit louder.... but the box was perfect.... idk why i just personally hate L7s and L5s... id rather have CVRs because they need less to get going and are more impressive to me... also better SQ... and sooo cheap

strongcolastrongcolastrongcola
Unregistered guest
what if i use the ppi 1600 on the 13 w7 how about that

Bronze Member
Username: Jonklly5

Post Number: 76
that would work too...btw the w7 is a much better in sq and theyd be about the same in spl...but seriously trevor is right l5's suck id rather have cvr's too. plus if u made the w7 ported it b no contest

strongcola
Unregistered guest
how much sq do i lose by porting and can i run two with a pcx 2400?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4116
actually jon, and trevor, the l5s OR the l7s, but for the sake of this thread, the l5s, your both wrong, if done right, in a portedenclosure for either of these setups, the l5s would win NO CONTEST ok, and the w7 woudl get eaten in spl, not sq

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3322
I am gonna have to agree with trevor on this one, with the amount of power given the w7 would be louder and sound better then te l5's, L7's are a different story but the L5's dont even stand a chance against the 13w7 with a 1000/1 to it!

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4118
james, man havge you lost it, no way can a 13.5 sub beat out 2 15 inch subs, MEANT TO GET LOUD!!

strongcola
Unregistered guest
can i run 2 13 w7 off a ppi pcx 2400 1600 watts at ohm? and if i can should it be ported or sealed? or am i better of using the l5 15. rite now i have one system in one car and one in the other but only one w7 and a 1000 /1 what do you think?

Silver Member

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 773
not only are they 15" inches but the have the surface area of like a 17" or 18" sub.

strongcola
Unregistered guest
but the kickers sound sloppy i put them in a 2.5 box and it sounded like i was going to tare them apart i figure if you have a week amp sealed is the way to go with kicker if you have somthing strong ported, i just dont know witch way to go? two 13 w7 or keep what i have all i need is 1 more jl?

strgcola
Unregistered guest
i shure would like a little advice or insite?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us