Eclipse CD5444 or the JVC KD-LHX 550

DosSpider
Unregistered guest
http://www.cartoys.com/cartoys/showdetl.cfm/Product_ID/70363/ or http://www.cardomain.com/item/JVCKDLHX550

Basically I'm looking to put a new head unit in, from what I'm seeing everyone seems to prefer the eclipse units sound wise. Price on the JVC would be $275 and the Eclipse would be $205

JVC seems to be much more feature rich and flashy, while the Eclipse I'm being told would probably sound a little better.

Sound in the car coming from Polk Audio DB6500 components powered by an Audiobahn A1004DP amp and Audiobahn 10" subs powered by an Audiobahn A1502DP amp wired mono 2ohm.

Thanks for the opinions.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 442
I like the Eclipse better...it would offer better sound as you've been told.

Additionally, touchscreen technology is pricey as far as the JVC goes and possibly not worth it.

Username: Dosspider

Post Number: 1
Yeah, I've heard the eclipse will sound better, kinda looking for the "why" of it. "Better internal components" doesn't really tell me much..then again maybe it's not really something that can be quantified. Just looking to hear more technical reasons if people have them.

Username: Jmack549

Post Number: 4
I have the LHX550. If you decide you want it I'll sell it to you for $160.

Post Number: 4
Possibly take you up on that since it'd be a better deal than the Eclipse at that point if I decide to go that route, mind telling me why you aren't happy with it?

Post Number: 9
Anybody have any additional input? Jordan private message me and lemme know more about that HU and I might be willing to buy...

Post Number: 10
hrm. doesn't seem like anyone has much to say...

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 487
If you want it, buy it from Jordan-it's a great price. Have you tried private messaging him?

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 122
Eclipse all the way. The JVC can't even compare.

First of all, touchscreens are stupid unless it's a full size screen (5+ inches). Secondly, the Eclipse has an additional preout for future expansion. Eclipse also has one of the best EQ's on the market. MP3 start speed is probably faster. Input options are better, broader crossover and a remote control. Unless you're super hung-up on some stupid, useless display and actually care about the music, you'd buy the Eclipse.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us