Sub boxes and how to tune a box??

Username: Cooldudejz

Post Number: 5
how do you tune a box to like 25hz. i really would lke to know how. can someone give me indepth details on how to do this. it sounds like tuning a custom made box is very important and i dont know what thye are talking about. also last question. if you are building a box with 2 subs how far apart should the 2 subs be from each other. please help

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 320
Bump....your welcome brian

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4092
ill design you the box if your interested on paint, give me the sub and stuff how muich power your giving it and so on tell me the dimensions you have to work with and ill do it,

it doesnt matter how far they are from eachother, as long as they are in seperate chambers so that ifone blows the other isnt pushing twice the airspace. but to tune a box you figure out cubic airspace then put a port in it tuning it to your desireed frequency

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 321
yeh .. basically the length and width\diameter of the port determines the tuning frequency this changes depending on the size of the driver and the airspace in the box .. i bigger driver needs a wider port

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 322
also the lower the tuning frequency the longer the port has to be

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4109
also a sealed box, is tuned to the subs resonent frequency if youd like to know, so if a subs rf is at 21 hrtz, than a sealed box with that sub in it is tuned to that

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 2523
you just gave me a better way to understand how large a sealed enclosure should be for a given subwoofer subfanatic to have better sq but I dont think its based on the fs of the subwoofer so much actually i think its based on whats called the center frequency of the sealed enclosure with the subwoofers given theil small specs

Username: Cooldudejz

Post Number: 6
this is what i was thinking 2 Rockford Fosgate T115D2. what do you think of these subs and amp. are they good. powered by a Boss Audio PD-4000. right now i dont have any money for any of it. but i know where i can get these componets for a low price (must get a job), do u think you could give me a design for this. i would greatly appreciate it. i am new to car audio, but i have decided i really want to build my own box, or have someone else do it for me. just tell me what you think and how much it would cost to creat a sub box with these components
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us