Aluminum or Titanium!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Juelz
Unregistered guest
How big of a difference is there in sql of eclipse ti than al?

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 462
i believe they both sound great( in most's opinion... sounds quality is to ur own ear) but the Ti is quite a bit louder than the Al

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 463
subfan could definetly tell you how he liked both lol

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 305
yea seriously

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4068
In my opinion, THIS IS MY OPINION, the eclipse al blows away ANY sub in production in sq, the only ones close to that of what i have heard is the eclipse TI, not tooo close, the w6v2, the w3v2, but those are pretty close, and this sub got resonably loud for a 10 inch. Unfortunently i havent been able to bench test a idmax yes, hope to get one soon, but with the Ti, it has a slgiht edge ofver the w7 in sq and in spl, and it can either get loud and sound great or get LOUD!!!!, i had this sub hitting 146.4 dbs and still had remarkable sq, and im planning on taking it to 152 dbs, to take the world class record in ameteur street class db, one sub, one amp

Bronze Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 100
Here are some things to take into considertion regarding diaphragms:

Titanium's characteristics allow the diaphragm to be more in controll than aluminum because of its stiffness and weight as well as its ratio between weight and stiffness. As far as sound reproduction is concerned, there have been labratory test that allow us to see how diaphragms behave under load. Some diaphragms (although unnoticeable to the naked eye) break up at high volumes and/or certain frequencies due to its stiffness. Basicly they warp, and therefore the desparation pattern is broken up and sound reproduction is reduced.

IMO titanium is harsher and brighter than aluminum, while aluminum has a warmer feel to it.

Juelz
Unregistered guest
Thanx, Also what type of box would be best for either of them

Username: Tbolt

Atlanta, GA

Post Number: 1
bump

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4074
with a ported box tuned to 32 hrrz 3.0 cubic feet after displacement i hit 146.4 dbs, in a ported i get NO WHERE near that but it sounds substantially good, its also the exact same amp i used for the al, and i highly prefer the seale box of the al and a ported with the ti

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 469
do u mean you get no where near the spl in a sealed?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4078
honestly, i got NO WHERE NEAR the spl for some reason, i have NO idea why, but its also said that after 149 dbs every 3 dbs is like doubling the sound, so maybe i would hitl ike 149 dbs sealed and 146.4 ported and it seems 3 times as loud

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 497
you hit higher sealed???

Atlanta, GA

Post Number: 2
really??

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 498
i think either subfan is having a really bad typing day or he started smoking again lol

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 744
lol

Username: Trueblue03

Post Number: 9
what would it take to power 2 ecplise titanium 12"'s or would it be better for me to get like 1 15 or something?

Bronze Member
Username: Jonklly5

Post Number: 69
ya wut is the best amp for one 15 eclipse ti?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4080
ed nine.1

Atlanta, GA

Post Number: 3
How do they compare against the XXX

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4086
in my opinion the eclipse ti does get alouder, but sounds slightly better, in all hoensty, they are VERY similar subs, EXCEPT the eclipse has a stronger motor, tc4, and the x.x.x. has the xbl^2 motor, but they moded the bl curve on it so highly that it requires more power to get it morving, so basically you could run 2 tis with the same power of the x.x.x and not hurt your alternator
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us