ALPINE X.....OVERRATED??

Bronze Member
Username: Alexochoa

Tucson, Arizona USA

Post Number: 42
wondering if the alpine x are overrated. the 10" woofers say they put out about 1000watt RMS.
any clue if they are close to that? I know they don't do 1000 rms, but are they dicent? they go for about $300 each.
I have alpine deck, speakers, cap, and amp, but I have 2 RF He2's, so i would like to have all alpine.
Thanks in Advance.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 177
alpine type x's will easily handle 1000w rms. don't be afraid to give it atleast that much. And yes, they are a good sub.

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 464
the dont put out anything... they handle 1000w rms... lol.. the amp puts out power... the sub puts out sound, and id say a type x can definetly hande what its rated for

Bronze Member
Username: Mitch_001

Post Number: 12
From what i heard they are very overrated i was told the don't live up to the hype

Username: Cullen

Post Number: 2
i had a buddy with type X 12's and they handle 3000 each... them suckers hit if you aint heard em ill tell you they will mess ure stomach up! lol

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4040
They'd definately be an upgrade from those HE2s, the main reason people dub them as overrated is because of performance for the price. Kind of like JL is "overrated" because of it's price, but it is good equipment. In the $300 range it isn't a bad sub by any means, but I personally would choose an ID Max.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us