MTX Thunder 9500 oppinions?

Anonymous

I am in the process of buying a 15 inch MTX Thunder 9500, and I just had a few questions about the sub. Has anyone heard the sub? How does it sound? Is the sound quality good? Is the sub extremly loud? I would appreciate all and any oppinions. Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Dropthedeuce06

Post Number: 39
i heard 4 12 inch 9500's and of course it was pretty loud. but for the money i would go with somethin other then mtx. they re decent but there are better stuff out there...

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 403
9500s can get very loud the sq is ok but not great from what i hear. they work best in a SS enclosure from www.powered4sound.com.

just because u heard 4 12s doesnt mean they were set up correctly or even had enough power

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
they had plenty of power, 1500 watts to each one

Silver Member

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 407
i hate to say it but 4 9500 12s with 1500watts each would be more than "pretty loud" seeing how i have seen 1 15 with 1000watts do 149.2 on a termlab at the dash

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
yea obviously that setup would be loud. thats what i said

Anonymous

What would be louder, one 13.5 JL W7, or one 15 MTX Thunder 9500??? Cause everyone is saying that the MTX is a better sub for the money, and it will out perform the JL W7!!!

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 739
1 15" 9500 will be cheaper...the w7 cost almost more than double the price of a 9500...for spl they should be close to each other

Bronze Member
Username: Jonklly5

Post Number: 66
the f*ckin mtx sux, dude i listened 2 both of them, the mtx is loud ya, but it sounds terrible. The w7 crushes that in all facets, i mean sure if u you want somethin that sounds like its dying go with the mtx

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 740
wow....Jon what kind of enclsoure was the 9500 in??

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 254
owned the 9500 and hated it. Me personally, I love the sql of the W7 but x.x.x. will kill them both.

Bronze Member
Username: _andrew_

Post Number: 47
It seems like the 9500 is pretty picky about it's enclosures, in my experience. It takes the right box to make it sound good.
With that in mind though, the 9500's pound. It is a very, very well-built sub - hell, they can take wall-current for minutes at a time. Not indestructable, but damn-near.
9500 is a good buy in my books any time.

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 742
yeh what andrew said is totally true. The sledge hammer box spl output is ok, but the sq of that sub in that enclsoure is horrible. you put that sub in a enclousre such as powered4sound's enclousres and i swear it'll sound like a whole differenct sub.

Silver Member

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 408
do you know that since the 9500 has been out they havent had one return yet. it is built like a rock

Nova
Unregistered guest
Yo Alpine, this is a friendly from Carstereo.com... Lemme put my Opinion in... I've heard 2 12" MTX Road thunders, very loud, 2 MTX 10" 6000 in a 3 cu-ft box Slot port tuned to ~35hz, even louder... but if i had an MTX 9515 and an amp to push it, i'd build a perfect spec box and be louder than Any one in Oregon....

Lemme tell you guys something, if a sub has bad SQ then its probly Clipping or Tuned to high or the subsonic filter is too low... If Sound Quality is your bag, then tune the enclosure LOW, around 30hz and be happy... But sence we're on this topic... Gotta say that the Memphis Mojo 12" (OLD SCHOOL sub... M3's suck) will own ALL

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1632
the sludehammer box is one of the worst boxes ever made for this sub. it just kills the output for it. i went to my local shop and got to hear a 9500 15 in a sludge box and then a p1 12 in a better built box,and the p1 performed better. but i would imagine that that sound a whole lot better in a better designed box, with a bigger vent, and a lil more room so that sucker can breathe. i think if i had a chancce to pick one up fairly cheap i would

Username: Dillon_j

Post Number: 2
lol can someone reply to my thread plzzzz. Best "sub pair for under $100 off ebay?"
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us