Isaac maybe you can help me out here

Bronze Member
Username: Tatortot324

Post Number: 29
You were saying to drop my subs down to 3 ohms then wire them parallel and thatll bring them down to 1.5 ohms how would i drop them down to 3 ohms then wire parallel? i wanna get this problem fixed because its not hitting near 3000 watts or even 2000 watts i dunno what to do. Do you have any ideas what i could do?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3138
Eric, your subs are 6ohms DVC, so if you wire each sub to itself in parallel, you'll get 3ohms.
To make it easier, let's say you have 2 sub boxes, A and B. In box A, after the sub's voice coils are wired in parallel, take the pos and neg and attach it to the speaker jack/terminal on the box. Do the same on box B.
If you had DMM and measured the output terminals on both boxes, you should get a reading of 3ohms on each box.
Now you take the pos from box A and connect it to box B. Do the same for the neg.
Now if you measure the speaker terminals with DMM, you should get 1.5ohms.
Connect 2 wires on the "bridged" section of the amp, and attach pos and neg on the sub boxes.
Now if you have adequate power for the amp, you should get the rated power.
Remember, 2000w rms needs lot of current. So if your car is not equipped HO alternator, the amp will clip/distort as you increase the volume.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Ok isaac is there any way i can email you a sketch or picture of what i did to make it easier for you? and so you can maybe help me out if i did something wrong?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
the sketch is to big to put on here

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
would an Alphasonik PMA1000HCA 3000 watt mono amp
work for my 2 1000 watt rms 2000 watt max power audiobahn alum12qs?

500 Watts x 2 @ 4 ohms Stereo
900 Watts x 2 @ 2 ohms Stereo
1500 Watts x 2 @ 1 ohms Stereo
1575 Watts x 1 @ 4 ohms Mono
2500 Watts x 1 @ 2 ohms Mono
3000 Watts x 1 @ 1 ohm Mono

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3144
Eric you can email me using the message option.
If you're going to purchase Alphasonik, you might as well buy Audiobahn. They're the same.
You will never get something for nothing. A good measure of power/$ is $1/watt.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us