99 VW Golf HU Removal


Unregistered guest
what kind (and where can i get) of tool is needed to remove a VW Golf HU...

is it the same type as some US head units that have the hooks? any help is appreciated

Bronze Member
Username: Xtant1001

Post Number: 68
Registered: Apr-05
I'm a VW tech for awhile and the A4 golf/Gti require a special tool. But not sure if the 99years come with double din, so I think you have a single. Well either way there is a special tool to get it out that slides in the face both sides. If you want a pic of the tool I can take a pic of it when i get back to work if you want.

Unregistered guest
go to any car stereo install garage, be nice with the workers (preferably close to closing time) and ask nicely if you can borrow their tool real quick..pop out your thing enough so that when you drive home you can just slide it out...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us